Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
bukyder said:
Hello everyone,

My wife's open work permit is expiring this Sept.1,2014. She is still waiting for the new(renewed) passport from our home country and I assume this is a prerequisite (passport) in applying for an extension. She is currently working as well in Alberta. Let's say,if worse comes to worse and she won't get an extension before September comes,would CIC force her to stop working by then?would CIC be a little considerate and maybe allow her to work for a few days while waiting for an approval? We're getting really worried now. If you got any advise,please do let us know. I don't know if CIC would allow her to apply now without the passport.
As long as her application for extension is submitted before expiry of current one, she would be under implied status till a decision on that which means she can continue working till CIC responds. So you should only worry if your passport doesn't comes until september 1. Even if it comes a day before and you have applied, i think it should be okay.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

If the date is passed then you have 90 days for applying for "restoration of status" but you cannot be working during that time frame.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

I don't know if they would make a consideration here, but if i were in your shoes and passport doesn't come until sep. 1, i would apply online any way and submit updated passport as soon as i get.

Having said that, i don't understand how long does it take to get a passport i.e. you must have applied already for it and there is still a month before expiry.

Technically, most countries allow you to apply for passport renewal 4-7 months before expiration.

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
fkl said:
As long as her application for extension is submitted before expiry of current one, she would be under implied status till a decision on that which means she can continue working till CIC responds. So you should only worry if your passport doesn't comes until september 1. Even if it comes a day before and you have applied, i think it should be okay.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

If the date is passed then you have 90 days for applying for "restoration of status" but you cannot be working during that time frame.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

I don't know if they would make a consideration here, but if i were in your shoes and passport doesn't come until sep. 1, i would apply online any way and submit updated passport as soon as i get.

Having said that, i don't understand how long does it take to get a passport i.e. you must have applied already for it and there is still a month before expiry.

Technically, most countries allow you to apply for passport renewal 4-7 months before expiration.
Thanks a lot Fkl!

estherr

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully by end of 2014
Dear frnds,
I have received my study permit for Canada from New Delhi-India.now I would like to apply for SOWP for my spouse.last time it was rejected stating country ties as last time we applied from USA. please help me in wht all specific docs are required to get approval for SOWP.i just don't want it to be rejected again.

kamuvirk

Aug 1, 2013
OWP Paper Application applied on 10th july with Medical
CHC New Delhi
Waiting :( :( :(

How much time would it take???????????????

nkdhal

May 2, 2014
Hi,

Anyone please help!!

I am full time student in canada and i applied for my husband open work permit paper based application on 27th march. We have submitted the medical along. But still we have received no updates.

we are so tensed as it already has been more than 4 months. Anyone who has applied and not received in 4 months processing time please help !!
We emailed the cic but no replies. Kindly anyone suggest what to do in such situation?

Anyone with similar problem?

kamuvirk

Aug 1, 2013
nkdhal said:
Hi,

Anyone please help!!

I am full time student in canada and i applied for my husband open work permit paper based application on 27th march. We have submitted the medical along. But still we have received no updates.

we are so tensed as it already has been more than 4 months. Anyone who has applied and not received in 4 months processing time please help !!
We emailed the cic but no replies. Kindly anyone suggest what to do in such situation?

Anyone with similar problem?

[which country have you applied from ? i mean which chc office ??]

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Hello,

This forum was very helpful to me, again today i need help. I am in canada with closed work permit which is valid til 2016 and i want to apply for spouse open workpermit. Me and my spouse have got a checklist for applying spouse open work permit and thts where we actually confused totaly.

checklist asked for only
1) Application form for applying open workpermit
2)Proof of relationship
3)Digital photo
4)Passport copy
5)Fee to be paid

Am i doing anything wrong while answering the questions bec it dint ask my pay stubs or job offer letter, workpermit. My spouse is going to apply for his open work permit based on my closed work permit and how come the checklist dint ask any of my information?

Pls can somebody tel me whts happening?

I also wanted to ask if i can apply from inisde canada for my spouse open work permit?

I really appreciate the patience and efforts.

Thanks suzy

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sujani said:
Hello,

This forum was very helpful to me, again today i need help. I am in canada with closed work permit which is valid til 2016 and i want to apply for spouse open workpermit. Me and my spouse have got a checklist for applying spouse open work permit and thts where we actually confused totaly.

checklist asked for only
2)Proof of relationship
3)Digital photo
4)Passport copy
5)Fee to be paid

Am i doing anything wrong while answering the questions bec it dint ask my pay stubs or job offer letter, workpermit. My spouse is going to apply for his open work permit based on my closed work permit and how come the checklist dint ask any of my information?

I also wanted to ask if i can apply from inisde canada for my spouse open work permit?

Thanks suzy
If your spouse is currently in your home country, you cannot apply for him/her from inside Canada. Even if you fill an application online, it would still be processed in home country. Probably you choose the option of being in Canada which might have less strict requirements since applying from a remote country has more obstacles to over come.
I have never applied online personally, so my knowledge is limited. But you should check all your questions and still if you dont get space to upload additional docs, combine them all together as a single pdf, with a title page describing each of the included docs and upload with your application.

Extra docs don't hurt but missing something required could get you a refusal.

nkdhal

May 2, 2014
Hi,

Anyone please help!!

I am full time student in canada and i applied for my husband open work permit paper based application on 27th march from new delhi. We have submitted the medical along. But still we have received no updates.

Anyone with similar problem? plz suggest anyone?? we r in so much tension

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
hi Sujani,

I also faced the same question when i applied for SOWP online for me.

I got the suggestion from experts that i should i combine the necessary the documents like WP, paystub/offer letter and create a single PDF file and upload it online.

I have also applied online on July 25, and i'm still waiting, there is no progress in myCIC.

sujani said:
Hello,

checklist asked for only
2)Proof of relationship
3)Digital photo
4)Passport copy
5)Fee to be paid

Thanks suzy

Shaja

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Hi,
I applied for a spousal open work permit via online too but we just notice lately that the date of my spouse certificate of employment has a discrepancy. It was written as 2011 instead of 2012. How can we submit a revise one? Is it still possible to submit it via online?

Anyone who could help will be greatly appreciated.

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Spouse Open Work permit

I am new to this forum. I hope that experienced members of this forum would be able to offer advice and driving my wife's and kid application forward. I am a full time student in canada for master's degree. I applied for TRV for my wife and one of kids, but it was refused twice for the generic reasons. Now Having read from this forum, I am planning to apply OWP for her. I have 3 kids but only 2 of them dont need a visa to come to Canada. No I have some questions regarding this OWP and the visitor visa for my kid.

1. My passport student permit expire on May 7, 2015 and my student permit expires August 30th, 2015. But my study is expected to be completed in April 2016. I read in this forum about validity of study/work permit/TRV can affect getting OWP approved for spouse, I plan to apply for OWP for my wife in Sept and the processing time in my region is 6 months, can I still apply for her?

2. Can I apply for my kid as a visitor alongside her OWP application?

3. What are the documentations I would require this time for OWP and the visitor visa for my kid?

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
kamuvirk said:
OWP Paper Application applied on 10th july with Medical
CHC New Delhi
Waiting :( :( :(

How much time would it take???????????????
hai, i WP Paper Application applied on 2nd july in new delhi still now no reply.plz tell me your updates