11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
Hi Guys,

I want to apply for my wife's Open work permit, I just got my BOWP approved (it was an online application).
My wife is currently in Canada and she got Visitor record approved along with my BOWP.

Could someone please guid me how to apply for her OWP? I would like to apply online as it is faster.
Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Pawan

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
PP323 said:
Hi Guys,

I want to apply for my wife's Open work permit, I just got my BOWP approved (it was an online application).
My wife is currently in Canada and she got Visitor record approved along with my BOWP.

Could someone please guid me how to apply for her OWP? I would like to apply online as it is faster.
Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Pawan
Fill all the same forms as you do for a normal closed work permit. They will be listed in the "work temporarily" section of CIC website. Or if you apply online and fill your (spousal) profile with "dependent of a temp worker", you intend to "work in Canada" etc. you will get the same forms.

In the work permit type choose "open", write "Not applicable" details of employer in Canada and attach yours (principal applicant's LMO, job offer etc if any).

Also add proof of your relationship (marriage certificate / translation etc.), and other usual docs along with details of her credentials i.e. past work experience, education, any assets in home country etc.

Dec 9, 2013
priyum521 said:
If anyone need any information about OWP, please send me personal note. I can answer them.
r

Hi ! iam 1st time here in d thread...I have an application for spouse work permit with my kids as student visa...my question is why should takes along time to release our visa?it almost 8months ago...but still waiting...my application filed on April 10,2013 and medical submitted to Manila Canadian Embassy June 19, 2014but still no respond from the embassy..thnx for any information

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
fkl said:
Fill all the same forms as you do for a normal closed work permit. They will be listed in the "work temporarily" section of CIC website. Or if you apply online and fill your (spousal) profile with "dependent of a temp worker", you intend to "work in Canada" etc. you will get the same forms.

In the work permit type choose "open", write "Not applicable" details of employer in Canada and attach yours (principal applicant's LMO, job offer etc if any).

Also add proof of your relationship (marriage certificate / translation etc.), and other usual docs along with details of her credentials i.e. past work experience, education, any assets in home country etc.
Thanks For your reply.
I want to go for online application

Do you mean first my wife has to fill questionairo (metioning dependent of a WP employee) and then she has to create her own Mycic account and submit the application?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
PP323 said:
Thanks For your reply.
I want to go for online application

Do you mean first my wife has to fill questionairo (metioning dependent of a WP employee) and then she has to create her own Mycic account and submit the application?
You are most welcome. If your wife is applying separately from you now, then probably it is going to be a new app, because she would be the principal app probably. However, i am not very sure about this and you need to confirm from other sources.

My experience is only limited to when i was the primary applicant and applied for depends along with. So not very sure about online app when dependents apply separately.

SKoul

Dec 2, 2013
SKoul said:
Hi Vin,
While I do not have an answer to your query, my case is very similar to yours. My wife submitted her TRV and OWP application at the Canadian Conslulate in New Delhi, India on November 8, 2013 and is currently awaiting a decision on her application. My visa (and the post study work permit) expires on May 31, 2014. We are concerned that her visa application might be denied or she might be denied a OWP at the port of entry even if she gets a TRV stamped from the consulate. I wonder if the '6-month validity clause' applies for a certain type of work visa(s) only? Would you mind sharing the latest update at your end?

SKoul
My wife got her TRV medical request last week in spite of my OWP being valid for less than 6 months at this time. Thanks for all your inputs

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
SKoul said:
My wife got her TRV medical request last week in spite of my OWP being valid for less than 6 months at this time. Thanks for all your inputs

Wow thats a great news Skoul. Congratulations.

I am in the same situation. My current permit ends in over 5 months. I hope she gets the visa approved

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
SKoul said:

Hi

Great news .... even i am waiting for my wife's OWP. Me a student with Visa till July end 2014.

Want to ask u guys a doubt .. does anything happens on saturdays????.. coz our agent said so

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Hi to all...

I just created my online account yesterday for my sowp application. I was just concerned with the question if I have a written job offer from an employer in Canada. I first answered yes because I actually have and just last Monday my LMO came after how many months. Shall I mention that I actually have one? Is it necessary? Would it be a reason for refusal since my husband is already in Canada holding TWP and I will follow him and work there. Will the VO question my purpose / intention of stay? Shall I mention that I do have an offer letter or no need to.

Appreciate your advices :)

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Maling said:
Hi to all...

I just created my online account yesterday for my sowp application. I was just concerned with the question if I have a written job offer from an employer in Canada. I first answered yes because I actually have and just last Monday my LMO came after how many months. Shall I mention that I actually have one? Is it necessary? Would it be a reason for refusal since my husband is already in Canada holding TWP and I will follow him and work there. Will the VO question my purpose / intention of stay? Shall I mention that I do have an offer letter or no need to.

Appreciate your advices :)
[/qu]

I think if u are applying for OWP - S they ask for all details for ur spouse. Its best to be honest and tell everything because i think in either case they have it on ur records.

Thanks,
ben

kanna.s

Dec 2, 2012
hi urgent help please

Recently i made an online application for SOWP
Docs required wear 1.passport copies 2.photo 3.marriage certificate
I uploaded these docs which wear required
My ? is are these docs enough to do an SOWP do i need to upload my wife's visa copy employee letter she is on PG OWP
If yes where do i need to upload, initially when applying i heard the docs i produced are enough later when they request i need to produce the visa copy employee letter is this true

THANX

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kanna.s said:
hi urgent help please

Recently i made an online application for SOWP
Docs required wear 1.passport copies 2.photo 3.marriage certificate
I uploaded these docs which wear required
My ? is are these docs enough to do an SOWP do i need to upload my wife's visa copy employee letter she is on PG OWP
If yes where do i need to upload, initially when applying i heard the docs i produced are enough later when they request i need to produce the visa copy employee letter is this true

THANX
Your statement is very confusing and has mistakes which makes it hard to understand.

What is "wear"? You need to attach your own existing work permit, pay stubs, job letter etc. if you are already working on twp for your SOWP. If you have a relatively recent marriage with no kids, probably you need to submit some additional proof like pictures of wedding etc.

For docs where there is no additional field, combine them into a single scanned pdf and upload.

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
Hi all

I want to know what document needed to apply for open work permit my wife is Toronto in owp .

Thank you

kanna.s

Dec 2, 2012
fkl said:
Your statement is very confusing and has mistakes which makes it hard to understand.

What is "wear"? You need to attach your own existing work permit, pay stubs, job letter etc. if you are already working on twp for your SOWP. If you have a relatively recent marriage with no kids, probably you need to submit some additional proof like pictures of wedding etc.

For docs where there is no additional field, combine them into a single scanned pdf and upload.
thanx fkl
I am filling an sowp and my wife is already in Canada on a owp so when i did my online application it asked me only marriage certificate, photo, pp
will they ask for my wife's work permit copy and job offer letter later in the process

iceprincess

Dec 24, 2013
Hi Everyone...

I am new to this forum and I needed some urgent help..

My fiancee and I are Indians and my guy had gone to canada to finish his MBA. He has now applied for his work permit. We are getting married in Jan 2014. Earlier, we had planned that he will apply for his work permit, come to india, get married ..traditionally and legally, go back to canada, look out for a job, then call me on tourist visa and while im in canada apply for my open work permit as his spouse...But we heard some people say to postpone the wedding because it is risky for him as well as for me to go to canada, get a work permit, get a job, etc.

Now we are really freaked out and needed some help as we really cant postpone our traditional wedding 20 days before the actual wedding date. So i need few answers to my questions:

1.) If he has applied for his work permit online, within how much time is he expected to get it
2.) Does he just get a mail saying his work permit has been approved however the final work permit he needs to collect from the canadian border or at the airport
3.) In case he has to collect his work permit from the border or the airport, do they reject it if they get to know that he is married and hasnt got the job yet
4.) Is there anything wrong or doubtful if we follow the process we had thought of earlier...apply for work permit , get married, he going back to canada and looking out for a job, then once he has a job, within a month call me on tourist visa and thereafter during my stay in canada, apply for my work permit as well..will this risk his chance of getting a work permit and my chance of not getting to go there
5.) What is the possible way for him and I to go to canada at the earliest...and get to work there ...he has done his MBA from top 3 B schools in Canada and I have finished my MBA from India.
6.) In case there is a risk or doubt in the mind of the immigration officer that both of us would like to settle there, then can we go ahead with the traditional wedding but not take the legal marriage certificate yet. And only after he gets his work permit and job, we can take the legal marriage certificate and thereafter I either move to canada on tourist visa and apply for my work permit or directly apply for my work permit as his spouse
7.) Is there any relation to the traditional wedding with his work permit
8.) Does a marriage ...legal or traditional have any effect on his chances of getting a work permit..getting a job...my application as spouse visa

I really would appreciate detailed accurate information on these questions and possible way where we both can live and work together in canada. Because delaying the traditional wedding is next to impossible as its already tooo late to do something like that...especially with wedding cards printed and delivered...