+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I have my application number with me but i dont know how to track the status of my application
You applied online or on paper. If online, then just log in your gc key and. Scroll down. There u can see by clicking on status. Or if u applied through papers then sign up for gc key on cic website. There is a option to link your paper application to your account. After link, in two to five days u can see your status any time . U just have to logo in. And scroll down and click on status .

gaganmann1992

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
You applied online or on paper. If online, then just log in your gc key and. Scroll down. There u can see by clicking on status. Or if u applied through papers then sign up for gc key on cic website. There is a option to link your paper application to your account. After link, in two to five days u can see your status any time . U just have to logo in. And scroll down and click on status .
I have applied online.But through a lawyer.He has applied through his own gc key. So can i create a new gc key nd link my online application to that?

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I have applied online.But through a lawyer.He has applied through his own gc key. So can i create a new gc key nd link my online application to that?
He cant apply with his own gc key. He made a gc key with your name and uses that to apply your open work permit. Ask him to give your gc key account username and password

Yodh kaur

Jan 25, 2018
He cant apply with his own gc key. He made a gc key with your name and uses that to apply your open work permit. Ask him to give your gc key account username and password
Hi there, same has happened to me too, i applied through an agent he gave me just application number but i can check status too by dialing 1888-242-2100 you just need to select option, they will ask three questions each time just hit 1 every time and after that they will ask for application number which starts with letter W then hit 3 and you need to enter your application number.

Reactions: info78

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi there, same has happened to me too, i applied through an agent he gave me just application number but i can check status too by dialing 1888-242-2100 you just need to select option, they will ask three questions each time just hit 1 every time and after that they will ask for application number which starts with letter W then hit 3 and you need to enter your application number.
First thing that u have to understand. There is no other way to apply online. U just have to apply with your own gc key account. No one is authorised to submit your file with his/her personal gc key account. What your agent had done, i will tell you. He made a gc key account with your name along with a new gmail id. He applied your online file with that gc key. U can ask him to give that username and password. Because once in a life if u made a gc key , then always u have to use that gc key only to reapply or for visa extension. This is my personal knowledge which i have gained from lot of experience.

Yodh kaur

Jan 25, 2018
I ask him for that but he said he has his another clients in his own GCkey account that is why he did not give me password and username.

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I ask him for that but he said he has his another clients in his own GCkey account that is why he did not give me password and username.
Not possible bro. If u want prove him wrong. Then make a another gc key . And after log in go through your eligibility test. There is no option for others. But u can apply for your kids with your account.

vkuma014

Dec 17, 2017
Hello,

Is it compulsory to submit the passport in person (at VFS India) once get passport request or we can also send it by post?

Thank you

shabbarali

Aug 1, 2011
Hi,

For SPOW. Can I show property documents/bank statements that are in the name of my parents or my wife parents to show my wife ties back home or I'm required to show documents that are in my name/my wife name only?