+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Yeah I don't understand why they are saying I need to send enquiry email to chandigarh. Or in the last they are saying they have forwarded my enquiry to chandigarh

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
i do no know buddy how cic works.but hoping only since they have atleast taken note of ur file. they might settle it soon

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:
But I am confused that delhi vfs forwarded my application a when I applied or after my email
Your application was forwarded to Chandigarh at the time you applied.

Your enquiry, which you sent to Delhi, has been forwarded to Chandigarh since your application is with the Chandigarh VO.

snoopy_15

Jul 12, 2016
Hi everybody,

Is there anybody who have experience with application on paper for Open Work Permit inside Canada?

My husband have work permit and moved to Canada three months ago and I arrived a month ago with visitor visa. I sent application to change condition, from visitor to work permit visa, via mail to Alberta three weeks ago and I know that is early to expect any request from CIC, just wanted to hear experiences with this kind of application and to follow status update with anyone who is in same position.

Thank you!

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
well its been 2 months and 21 days already so just counting till it completes 3 months. some people got exactly on 3 month period. just hoping for others also its done in the same 3 month period not longer :(

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
yadav said:
well its been 2 months and 21 days already so just counting till it completes 3 months. some people got exactly on 3 month period. just hoping for others also its done in the same 3 month period not longer :(
It's two months .... I applied on May 6th from Bangalore VFS , Approval came on July 7th which was exactly two months.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
mayb cic in banglore is faster and better than other offices. good for u but so many others who applied from Chandigarh and delhi are waiting for long already

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi FKL and other learned forum members:

Could you please advise what options are available to an applicant if the application processing time has far exceeded the normal processing time?

My wife and I applied for a Study Permit and OWP respectively in December 2015.

My wife received her approval in early January 2016. However, I have not yet received my TRV and OWP. We submitted an email enquiry to the visa office 10 days ago but haven't heard a response. I tried calling their consulate and was asked to send an email. The processing time for the country where I have filed the application from is 4 weeks.

I have noticed that there are several other forum members who are waiting for quite long also.

My wife's course commences in early September 2016 and so, unless we receive my visa shortly, she will not be able to attend the course.

I wanted to seek your guidance as to the best course of action(s) that I can take.

Hi HiranSiddharth,

I noticed that you advised someone else to contact the MP. Did you mean the MP of the Indian City where the OWP applicant resides or the MP of the Canadian City where the OWP applicant and Study Permit holder are planning to reside?

Thank you very much in advance.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Yup , could be processing delay in Delhi and Chandigarh. And Bangalore is a comparably newer location with faster processing times actually. They are sticking to the posted timelines as per CIC website it seems. Although there are many who are waiting past their stated processing times.

Anyways all the best and hope for the best.

ninja1987

Jul 6, 2016
Did not receive any automated email after CSE but on CSE screen there was a success message.....did anyone have the same problem? Should I submit another CSE??

vishnuvishal

May 12, 2016
Hi all,

I applied SOWP online outside Canada through an attorney on March 21st. I got medical request on April 12th. And my medicals passed on April 29th. I got an email on May 6th saying that they wanted payment for my Work permit and I sent them the payment. On May 9th, 2016 I got my refusal.. Later we sent them an email asking reasons for refusal on the same day. We did not get response from for a month and half and got an email from on June 30th. Now, am preparing documents for they have requested for.. How long does it take for processing (irrespective of what the result is approval or refusal) ?