ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
1. To be on the safe side, add all the docs into one pdf and upload it in something like Cover letter whatever. If that doesn't exist, then use Proof of relationship field. Just put a title page which indicates which document is at which page and its purpose.

2. Assuming you are on a PGWP, you better get more details in your employment letter. Title in general is not sufficient for CIC to determine NOC. While it might be possible to match title with Salary, it is certainly not a safe option. However, if you were already on an LMIA based permit that would be a different story because then HRSDC would have already evaluated your NOC and job offer. Else you should get a new letter.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will ask the bank to issue a new letter stating my NOC.

I will wait to hear from someone who is in the process of applying to see if they are able to see a link to upload the WP. I was going to do exactly what you suggested in case others confirm that there is no separate link for WP.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Tophele

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Thanks FKL,

I did the questionnaire on CIC website and it gave me the option to change my status. You are correct about my situation, I have 6 months max, no health care done(I am from Jamaica, so unless it is the health sector, we typically do not do medicals). I completed the form in its entirety and I got the option to change my condition.

What are your thoughts.

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi I applied for SOWP and it got rejected stating reason as
" You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your
employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a
result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before
a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of
Service Canada to begin this process."
Im not understanding what to do know Please reply ASAP I dint und the reason they specified.

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
fkl said:
You are most welcome.

May be they keep changing time lines or something.

You basically need to carry all docs that you would submit otherwise for work permit. Consider it as a on the spot application. So any thing that supports it could be useful.

There is nothing like being allowed or not. You could go together (obviously it helps because you are a dependent spouse) but you could do that on your own as well.

You would drive to border, there is no check for leaving Canada. You reach the US side, tell them I am here to flag pole. They would issue you a paper (flagpole saying this person name dob is refused entry to US), tell you to turn your car around a place which says "back for Canada" or something similar (while they would keep your passport). After the turn they would hand you over your passport since now the only way you could drive into is Canadian side.

You get to CBSA show they your refusal, tell they why you are here. They would call you in, take all your docs and would ask you to wait while an officer would evaluate your docs and ask questions / more docs if needed. Then they would ask you to pay the fee there (Debit / credit card is fine) and would issue the work permit.

For a dependent spouse, you should be carrying your proof relationship, your spouse's work permit as well as your visitor record. Proof that your spouse holds a skilled job (if he was LMIA exempt, then a detailed letter of his duties confirming his NOC) and may be a recent pay stub or something to show he is still working.

That should do it. Good luck.

Choose a major border crossing and preferably go during working hours so you have a senior officer who fully understands this exemption.
Hi FKL,

Thank you so much for this clarity.. Now I can visualize the scenario.. :)
Well we don't have a car so will have to do the flag-polling on foot.. :p
Planning to go to the Niagara Rainbow bridge border for it.

Have a small concern. I do not have any Canada proof of address yet(no bank account/driver's license/OHIP card)
Do I need to carry any address proof of Canada for myself? Will the officer accept my husband's address document as mine considering I am his dependent living with him.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
viprewind said:
Thanks FKL,

I did the questionnaire on CIC website and it gave me the option to change my status. You are correct about my situation, I have 6 months max, no health care done(I am from Jamaica, so unless it is the health sector, we typically do not do medicals). I completed the form in its entirety and I got the option to change my condition.

What are your thoughts.
You are most welcome. The health care question is also about whether you are eligible for health care in Canada (do you have health card? A visitor doesn't but a resident trv holder as a dependent spouse does get it).

When you apply online, it doesn't necessarily mean the application is processed in side Canada though the likelihood with "Extend your stay" is that it would be indeed processed in Canada. Most likely you are good to go and get processed. But there is a slight risk that an officer could question this and transfer the file to outside Canada (your country of residence before VISITING Canada).

CIC in these cases can be very unpredictable.

For instance, I came here a few years ago on a NOC A job LMIA based work permit, my spouse got SOWP and kids got open study permits. We had been here for a few years, when I got a new job and received LMIA exempt skilled job work permit for a top well known company.

I applied for my dependents separately because my new work permit was issued at border. My SOWP was approved but for kids they actually refused citing "we need proof of admission to institution" to approve open study permit. Note that these are kids under 9 - going to primary school who are my dependents.

Normally this is the other way round, you need them to get study permit first on the basis of which school gives them admission. Obviously we couldn't get that if we weren't already here. But since my kids were already in school, it wasn't a big deal to get that letter and reapply.

Note that this was being done by a major law firm on behalf of my employer and the lawyer clearly told me "the law certainly does not require dependents under 18 of a Skilled wp holder to provide any kind of admission for study permit. However, CIC visa office has a lot of jurisdiction over requesting additional documents even if they are not required. And there is no formal process to appeal against their decision, which would be more time consuming and uncertain. So it is best to just get the docs they required and reapply"

So we did exactly as advised. Obviously I wasn't paying the fee (the employer was). And also note that we were at a stage of PR approval at this point already (Passport request) as well.

The reason of my explaining all of this here is, you can expect CIC to take ANY decision and you are already trying to take advantage of a narrow privilege. So by all means try this out, but do not expect it to be your right. They can simply refuse and there is little you can do about it. Hopefully it won't go that way (as it mostly gets through), Good luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
belde said:
Hi I applied for SOWP and it got rejected stating reason as
" You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your
employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a
result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before
a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of
Service Canada to begin this process."
Im not understanding what to do know Please reply ASAP I dint und the reason they specified.
Sorry to hear that. This simply means that you have to prove in more detail that you are eligible for SOWP (do not require LMIA).

That means you have to show

a) Proof of your spouse working on a skilled job. Most likely if he/she was on a PGWP you didn't provide enough detailed letter showing duties to unmistakably show his NOC and pay slips.

b) Enough proof of relationship. In case of a recent marriage - only marriage certificate is not enough.

This is a pretty common refusal - even for genuine cases. Address above scenarios and reapply. You should be through.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sudiptosrkr said:
Hi FKL,

Thank you so much for this clarity.. Now I can visualize the scenario.. :)
Well we don't have a car so will have to do the flag-polling on foot.. :p
Planning to go to the Niagara Rainbow bridge border for it.

Have a small concern. I do not have any Canada proof of address yet(no bank account/driver's license/OHIP card)
Do I need to carry any address proof of Canada for myself? Will the officer accept my husband's address document as mine considering I am his dependent living with him.
You are most welcome and my apologies for the grammatical mistakes. Its hard to keep train of thoughts and write correctly when you try to answer as many people as possible in the limited time you spend on forum.

Yes they would accept your husband's address document along with your proof of relationship.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@fkl

Want to know one thing as we have applied sowp online.
So is it possible that we can withdraw that and apply though VFS Delhi paper based application
or
can apply paper based application keeping the online submission

Thank you!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkapoor said:
@fkl

Want to know one thing as we have applied sowp online.
So is it possible that we can withdraw that and apply though VFS Delhi paper based application
or
can apply paper based application keeping the online submission

Thank you!!
You can submit a case specific inquiry to withdraw application. It is visa officer's decision and depends upon whether they have done any processing already on it or not.

You could also submit a paper based application at Delhi too citing whatever reasons you have for that. But at the end of the day the output can be a bit unpredictable based upon varied degree of scenarios possible with two simultaneous apps. But CIC can get back to you asking which one and why two apps. So be prepared to answer this satisfactorily if you go that route.

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi fkl
I want to go asap should i go ahead and apply for trv?? If in case if i get it how many dAys will it be valid and will i have any complications in it?? Im really worried about it i need adivice.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
belde said:
Hi fkl
I want to go asap should i go ahead and apply for trv?? If in case if i get it how many dAys will it be valid and will i have any complications in it?? Im really worried about it i need adivice.
Hi Belde,

Sorry to hear about the rejection. As per my experience the success rate of getting a TRV is way lower than SOWP. If you have rejection on SOWP there seems to be very few chances of getting a TRV approved. If you could provide a list of documents you attached in your application Experts can look into it and guide you accordingly. Also is your spouse job under NOC O, A or B. And does it say on his letter of employment. You have to attach the letter from your spouse's work stating his job responsibilities, duties and as well as his pay stubs. Also for how long does your spouse WP is valid?

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Navprateek,
I submitted almost all possible documents
Documents from applicant:
Application forms
Cover letter
Passport (original)
Old passport (photocopy)
Photographs (2)
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Wedding photographs
Bachelor’s degree certificate
Current offer letter
Pay slips
Salary account statements
Communication Proof (Whatsapp chat and call history screenshots)
NOC from parents
NOC from in laws

Documents from Spouse:
Invitation letter
Passport copy
Study visa copy
Work permit copy
Employer‘s reference letter (confirming the NOC code)
Screenshot from CIC confirming skill level
Latest 6 months pay slips
Latest 6 months salary account statements
Income tax returns
Phone bills
Then also it got rejected and the reason was not clearly mentioned. Very disappointing

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
belde said:
Hi fkl
Did you read my earlier post? It doesn't appear so from this answer. I think already mentioned what was needed

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm waiting for my BOWP and planning to apply for SOWP. Spouse is in India. I have a NOC B job in Canada.

1. Could someone please tell me what are the different options I have to submit application?
2. can I submit online application?
3. Does spouse need to submit medicals along with the SOWP? is it mandatory?
4. What are the required documents?

Please provide me with suggestions.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm waiting for my BOWP and planning to apply for SOWP. Spouse is in India. I have a NOC B job in Canada.

1. Could someone please tell me what are the different options I have to submit application?
2. can I submit online application?
3. Does spouse need to submit medicals along with the SOWP? is it mandatory?
4. What are the required documents?

Please provide me with suggestions.
1. You can apply on line or on paper. Either way the application will be processed in India and processing time from there would apply.
2. Yes
3. I don't know for sure. Each embassy has different practices, check with CIC Delhi though it would be listed on their website. Medicals are mandatory - whether they are upfront or not is what I am not sure of. Since you mentioned BOWP, it means your PR application is in process. If your spouse was already included you might reuse the same medicals.

Though you should know that if your spouse wasn't included in your PR application, and you become a PR, she cannot apply for SOWP.

4. When you fill the questionnaire it would generate the required docs. Gather them first and ask specific questions.