+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Champ83

Apr 9, 2021
Hello Guys,

Need help with my situation here if someone can suggest.
I am on ICT closed work permit which is expiring in April 2023, meanwhile I applied for my spouse open work permit in September 2022 which got approved last week and we received it yesterday but it has expiry date of April 2023 same as my closed work permit so only valid for 2 Months. My company already applied for my work permit extension visitor record for spouse last month as they don't apply spouse work permits as per policy. What should I do now? I think of 2 options:
1. She can start working and I apply work permit extension separately and she can also continue working on applied status. Not sure if this is possible.
2. We again wait for 6 Months for current applications to be processed and when I have my work permit extended, I apply for her open work permit and again wait for 6 months - so 1 year wait in total

Reactions: PzSingh

hpatel29

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2009 to CIO, Nova Scottia
Doc's Request.
30th March, 2011
Nomination.....
1st June, 2011 full application submitted to CHC, London
AOR Received.
23rd August,2011(Date 12th August,2010)
IELTS Request
submitted with Initial application
File Transfer...
7th July 2011
Med's Request
22nd Feb,2012
Med's Done....
8th March, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10th April,2012 & Passport post on 12th April.2012.
VISA ISSUED...
25th April, 2012 and Received on 1st May, 2012.
LANDED..........
In August 2012 by grace of God !
Hi, would mind to share me the forms and documents you submitted for your spouse open work permit ?

Jassra

Feb 26, 2023
Hi All,
My spouse got her work permit in Canada( converted from visitor) in Teer 2 a week ago. She has been working with same employer from last week. Do we have to wait for some pay cheques to apply my sowp. Or can we do it earlier? Any regulations regarding that will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Jassra

Feb 26, 2023
Hi All,
My spouse got her visitor visa converted into work permit(Teer 2 closed work permit) last week. The next day she started working. Do we have to wait for some pay cheques to apply for my sowp or we can do it right away? Any regulations to support it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi All,
My spouse got her work permit in Canada( converted from visitor) in Teer 2 a week ago. She has been working with same employer from last week. Do we have to wait for some pay cheques to apply my sowp. Or can we do it earlier? Any regulations regarding that will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Sometimes, the offer letter would do. But the safer option is 3 months pay stub.
I have also applied for my spouse using my TEER 2 job but I have been working for over an year right now.
The answer which i provided you is the regular way to do it. Post Jan 30 rule, I'm not sure what documents they expect.

You could also ask her employer to provide a letter that confirms that your wife is permanent full time employee. Again, I'm not sure if the employer would provide a letter before probation.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Got this update on my SOWP. Got Eligibility confirmation for Sponsor and Applicant yesterday.

Final Decision:
JANURY 31, 2024 Your Application is in Progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any Idea? or anyone has seen similar updates?

NVA004

Star Member
Nov 4, 2023
Got this update on my SOWP. Got Eligibility confirmation for Sponsor and Applicant yesterday.

Final Decision:
JANURY 31, 2024 Your Application is in Progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This means you will receive your decision very soon, mind telling in what time you received biometrics request.

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Hi All,

I’m currently on a pgwp work permit status, and my wife is on visitor visa status.

Would it be possible for her to flagpole and receive work permit status?
More information-
I’m employed and I’ve been working for one year, she has completed her masters in India. Yes, we are Indians. We have a marriage certificate.

if flagpole is possible, what documents do I keep handy? Please help!
Thanks in advance.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
This means you will receive your decision very soon, mind telling in what time you received biometrics request.
Thanks my friend. I did not receive Biometrics yet. I got a letter that I do not need a new Biometrics for my new Work permit as there was one valid from previous closed work permit we obtained in June 2023.

Spousal PR applied on December 21 2023, ARO on Jan 6, Approval for Sponsor and Applicant on Jan 28, SOWP Applied on Jan 13.

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Hello

My wife is in Canada on Work Permit and I am in India.
We also have a child and the marriage is 6 years old.
I have enough funds of my own.

My issue is that I am self-employed and have been providing tuitions, running a sole-proprietorship and my income is cash-based.
I have been filing my tax returns regularly, though my income is below the taxable limit.
Will this hold against me in my SOWP application?

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024

Final Decision:

I have the same update since Feb. Did you get any update?

Ghazi_

Jul 7, 2022
Hello guys, please need your help with this question:
I am a PR in Canada, I sponsored my wife under spousal PR (quebec taking too long).
So I applied for TRV for her and it got approved.
She is planning to visit me in April , can we make inland OWP application when she visits me in April as during application time she will be physically present in Canada or because she has not lived in Canada for long it has to be outland OWP application ?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hi,

My cousin is on $24 per hour working as truck driver 73300, Tier 3 Code on a closed work permit in Alberta. The median wage is $27.70 as per job bank. Can his spouse get a work permit from India? The reason is when I opened the link who can apply- it said low wage or high wage, his per-hour wage is less than $27.70. In low-wage, it says

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children/eligibility.html

Who’s not eligible at this time
Your family members aren’t eligible for this temporary measure if any of the following situations apply to you (the principal applicant):

• You hold a work permit under the low-wage stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

Can you help please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

My cousin is on $24 per hour working as truck driver 73300, Tier 3 Code on a closed work permit in Alberta. The median wage is $27.70 as per job bank. Can his spouse get a work permit from India? The reason is when I opened the link who can apply- it said low wage or high wage, his per-hour wage is less than $27.70. In low-wage, it says

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children/eligibility.html

Who’s not eligible at this time
Your family members aren’t eligible for this temporary measure if any of the following situations apply to you (the principal applicant):

• You hold a work permit under the low-wage stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

Can you help please?
What does his LMIA say?

Janten

Apr 24, 2024
For SOWP I have filled all forms but it never asked any details of my spouse who is in canada. Where this details will go like his visa copy or employer details.
please help