+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Visa rejected under Section 205(c)(ii)

vignesshh

Aug 6, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
But i have seen “Caips Notes” is under caips website starting from $40 while ATIP is under Canadian Government Website for $5.

why the fees and names and websites are different from eachother?
You should go with ATIP (Access to Information and Privacy) and get you GCMS (Global Case Management System) notes.

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
After your questions i think i got my answer.
i found her on matrimonial website where we have decided to get married in just couple of weeks of talking over the phone.

i have been to india after just 3 months of i get to know her for my marriage and came back after getting married 25 days.

Is that rejection is related to those factors?? As I didn’t find anything related to that in lines of that section.
And if yes, then how would i prove genuineness of my marriage next time?
Hello everyone.

i just got my GCMS Notes today and the reason thay have stated for rejection of my spouse open work permit is that -

“I met her over the matchmaking site in November,2019 (while i was in canada) and i got married in January,2020 . And i stayed with her just 25 days and came back to Canada. So there are 2 things,

1. Genuineness of my marriage (according to them, it’s for “immigration purpose”)
2. Disagree to believe that she will leave canada by end of her authorized period. (May be beacuase she is not doing any job and homemaker right now? )

now please please please advice me what should i do to prove my marriage is genuine and she will leave canada by end of her period.

please suggest

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Have you received your notes? What reason they have mentioned?
Hello everyone.

i just got my GCMS Notes today and the reason thay have stated for rejection of my spouse open work permit is that -

“I met her over the matchmaking site in November,2019 (while i was in canada) and i got married in January,2020 . And i stayed with her just 25 days and came back to Canada. So there are 2 things,

1. Genuineness of my marriage (according to them, it’s for “immigration purpose”)
2. Disagree to believe that she will leave canada by end of her authorized period. (May be beacuase she is not doing any job and homemaker right now? )

now please please please advice me what should i do to prove my marriage is genuine and she will leave canada by end of her period.

please suggest

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
Hello everyone.

please suggest
1. you should make some property in spouse name
2. Vehicle make name (car, scooty etc)
3. Adhar card, voter card and spouse’s name on passport
4. Stay together one month more
5. Start job and fill ITR

apply file again after 3 months later

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

please suggest
The biggest issue is that you got married durinf your first in person visit and haven't spent a lot of time in person. Although your marriage maybbe genuine this is a very commong way to commit immigration fraud. What will really help is time so you can show that the relationship is genuine. It's unfortunate that having another in person meeting is so complicated. When you reaaply I would highlight that you intended to visit in person but due to covid it isn't possible. If you have life insurance I would put your wife as the beneficiary. Would add your spouse to credit card or other financial documents. In cases of immigration fraud I would assume people would be reluctant to list their "spouses".

Jan 14, 2020
Hi
Im a student in Quebec and I had applied spousal open work permit for my wife.
Unfortunately, our case has been refused under section 205(c) (ii)
Please suggest me something this is our second refusal.
Im extremely frustrated.

vignesshh

Aug 6, 2019
Hi
Im extremely frustrated.
Please apply for GCMS notes, it takes around a month to get those. Go through it, to understand why exactly your application got rejected and then based on it, update your application and reapply.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi
Im extremely frustrated.
Sorry to hear, as @vignesshh suggested request Gcms Notes. These days its better to request from CBSA instead of IRCC see https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Im extremely frustrated.
When does your permit expire? Best to wait until you a PGWP.

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi all,
Even my spouse got refusal under 205(c)(ii) stating that "we have provided insufficient information to demonstrate that the spouse's employment is in a qualified NOC". So on the same day applied for reconsideration with an updated emp letter including roles and responsibilities which were not present before -- No update till now and visa office is New Delhi.

Even called IRCC after refusal, and the agent told us that the officer was unable to decide my NOC since it doesn't has any duties mentioned. Again re-applied on Dec 9.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually SOWP applications are hold because of covid.
application totally depend on how strong documents are

If visitor? Then you should have good availability of funds which will cover your spouse’s stay in Canada or you and your spouse will not become burden on canadian govt.

If your spouse has no sufficient funds in account,
Your can attached Father and Father in law Affidavits for sponsor for trip and balance certificates along with your bank statement

good luck
They aren't on hold. Processing times are much slower than precovid but they were still many months precovid. You are actually more likely to be able to travel with an OWP versus a TRV. The big issue is that you have seen her only during one trip and applied for OWP when you arrived.

Last edited: