+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open work permit Visa - Indian

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
Dear Friends,

Am currently doing my Masters here in Canada, and my wife is in India. We have planned to apply for spouse open work permit visa. am done will all documentation now i have few doubts to ask;

1. Should we apply through VFS global or online CIC ? becuase paper based application timeline is 4 months and for online it is 40days - but still confused which is safe ? - kindly suggest

2. And if online CIC can i do it online from here in Canada or it has to be by my wife in India ? what will happen if I do the application from here?

Pls help me out

Regards
Vinith

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
vinithgandhir said:
Dear Friends,

Am currently doing my Masters here in Canada, and my wife is in India. We have planned to apply for spouse open work permit visa. am done will all documentation now i have few doubts to ask;

1. Should we apply through VFS global or online CIC ? becuase paper based application timeline is 4 months and for online it is 40days - but still confused which is safe ? - kindly suggest

2. And if online CIC can i do it online from here in Canada or it has to be by my wife in India ? what will happen if I do the application from here?

Pls help me out

Regards
Vinith
Hi brother
How much funds did you show?
What about accommodation?

MUGDHA.SANKET

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for spousal work permit on 25 th of july 2016.

And i got this reply from them on 24 th October 2016.

Please submit the below mentioned documents. This must be received at this office by: 2016/11/23
 Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s)
 Proof of Spouse’s current attendance at Humber College  Proof of Spouse’s funds in Canada
Please submit the above requested documents through VFS.

I submitted demanded documents on 28 th October 2016 and now waiting....

Is it positive?

kunal_joshi

Nov 2, 2016
Hi,
My wife is planing to study Masters in Canada. I want to know that if i have a visitor visa for Canada can i go along with her ?

2 During my Visit in Canada on Visitor Visa can I apply or Convert my visa for Open Work Permit on basis of my wife's Student Visa ?

3 What is dependent Visa ? and can i convert my Visitor Visa into Dependent visa on the basis of my wife's student visa while i was in Canada on visitor visa.

Kind Regards,
Kunal

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kunal_joshi said:
Hi,
My wife is planing to study Masters in Canada. I want to know that if i have a visitor visa for Canada can i go along with her ?

2 During my Visit in Canada on Visitor Visa can I apply or Convert my visa for Open Work Permit on basis of my wife's Student Visa ?

3 What is dependent Visa ? and can i convert my Visitor Visa into Dependent visa on the basis of my wife's student visa while i was in Canada on visitor visa.

Kind Regards,
Kunal

1. Yes, you can go. (Sure not that easy as it seems on paper)
2. Yes. Your OWP will be valid as long as spouse SP.
3. No such dependent visa exist in Canada.

kunal_joshi

Nov 2, 2016
Hi J5M,

Thanks for reply.

Can you please tell me how much time it will take to get OWP if i apply for OWP from inside Canada.

Can I work during my stay in Canada on the basis of my wife's Student Permit.

Please Reply

Regards,
Kunal

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kunal_joshi said:
Can you please tell me how much time it will take to get OWP if i apply for OWP from inside Canada.

Can I work during my stay in Canada on the basis of my wife's Student Permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

You can't work unless you have a valid work permit.

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
Lasso said:
Hi brother
How much funds did you show?
What about accommodation?
Hi Bro,

Sorry for late reply - You need to show something close to CAD $10000 - you have to find accommodation for you both once she is here with you in Canada - currently u can give the present address of yours as the place of ur living.