+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Online Applications - July 2017 Spreadsheet

anishas

Feb 19, 2018
Hey kunal,

There is nothing we can do if the Local MP already told you that there is additional review required on your file. Only thing we can do is just wait. I hope you will get the final decision as soon as possible.
What kind of letter can we get from local MP to support our file?

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

Seerat.virk

Mar 15, 2018
Hey everyone my wife is a full time student she applied my sowp from canada online on 2nd November
*Got Medical request on 18 November.
*Medical done on 20 nov
Waiting for their reply

I want to ask if anyone know is medical request a good sign?? Because i saw in some posts mostly people get their visa after medical request.
When did u get passport request?

Jz7881

Mar 19, 2018
Hi, i did sowp paper application july 20 .application received sep 20 and issued november.what is next? Thanks

Mittsy

Aug 15, 2018
Hello Guys,

i wanted to ask the average timeline of Sowp process and once we apply for sowp and meanwhile if work permit expires can we still continue to work?

jvdahemad

Jun 30, 2018
India
Dear All,

I have query on Spouse Open work permit. I am an Indian citizen and have applied for Canadian WP and expecting to get my and family TRV stamped in next few days. I will travel first and then my family will accompany me in next few days (spouse and kid)

My spouse is also working and she is looking for opportunity within her organization. Now my question is, can i apply for her open work permit while being in India before i travel to Canada. If this is possible then i assume that she will get her OWP when she reach Canada. Also i think after OWP approval i dont have to send her passport again to embassy since Visitor visa is already there. And would she be able to continue with her existing organization on similar OPW. Whats the duration for getting OWP approval considering that she already had her Visitor Visa.

Regards
Shailesh Keska
Hi Shailesh,

Is it necessary to resign from your current company in India in order to get an OWP in Canada, or just an NOC and a leave grant would do the job? My spouse is in Canada on work visa and I wish to accompany her.

swara1988

Jul 21, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am applying open work permit online, but have difficulty to upload extra documents like educational certificalte, PCC, travelling tickets, photographs etc. Please need urgent help...

SDeb

Sep 4, 2018
Dear All,

I have query on Spouse Open work permit. I am an Indian citizen and have applied for Canadian WP and expecting to get my and family TRV stamped in next few days. I will travel first and then my family will accompany me in next few days (spouse and kid)

My spouse is also working and she is looking for opportunity within her organization. Now my question is, can i apply for her open work permit while being in India before i travel to Canada. If this is possible then i assume that she will get her OWP when she reach Canada. Also i think after OWP approval i dont have to send her passport again to embassy since Visitor visa is already there. And would she be able to continue with her existing organization on similar OPW. Whats the duration for getting OWP approval considering that she already had her Visitor Visa.

Regards
Shailesh Keska
@ShaileshKeskar
I have the exact same situation. What is ur status? Have u got the sowp?