+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Online Applications - July 2017 Spreadsheet

kunal123

Apr 2, 2014
Hey everyone,

I have talked to IRCC via Member of Parliament from Canada. I got the response saying they require to do additional review on the file. I have applied on July 3rd for SOWP for my wife. I hope this information helps you out.

Thanks,

Siddharth Trivedi
hi,

I did the same thing, and received same reply from them. I don't know how long its going to take after this

kunal123

Apr 2, 2014
Hey everyone,

I have talked to IRCC via Member of Parliament from Canada. I got the response saying they require to do additional review on the file. I have applied on July 3rd for SOWP for my wife. I hope this information helps you out.

Thanks,

Siddharth Trivedi
did you get ant updates yet?

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
Finally, After long waiting time and frustration has come to an end.my wife work permit has been approved on 16th November

Submission Date - July 15th,2017(Online)
Medical done - August 12th,2017
Medical Uploading Date- September 2nd,2017
after tons of emails and help from Local MP
Medical Pass on - November 13th,2017
Passport Request - November 14th,2017
Passport Submitted - November 15th,2017
Status changed to Approved - November 16th,2017

For All those out there waiting for their application, I feel for you all and best of luck on your file Hope you guys get updates.

Thanks for your supports.
Parth Patel

Siddharth89

Jan 18, 2017
did you get ant updates yet?
Hey kunal,

There is nothing we can do if the Local MP already told you that there is additional review required on your file. Only thing we can do is just wait. I hope you will get the final decision as soon as possible.

Siddharth89

Jan 18, 2017
Final Timeline for the Online SOWP

Confirmation received : 3rd July 2017
Medical request : 6th November 2017
Medical done : 9th November 2017
Medical passed : 14th November 2017
Passport Request : 16th November 2017

kunal123

Apr 2, 2014
Hey kunal,

There is nothing we can do if the Local MP already told you that there is additional review required on your file. Only thing we can do is just wait. I hope you will get the final decision as soon as possible.
Thanks Sidharth?

did they asked for any additional document? and did you get help from MP as well?

Siddharth89

Jan 18, 2017
Thanks Sidharth?

did they asked for any additional document? and did you get help from MP as well?
No they didn't ask for any other documents. I went to MP to enquire about what's going on with the application. They contacted the IRCC and they replied back there is additional review required for the application. That's the only help I got from the local MP office.

kunal123

Apr 2, 2014
No they didn't ask for any other documents. I went to MP to enquire about what's going on with the application. They contacted the IRCC and they replied back there is additional review required for the application. That's the only help I got from the local MP office.
so how long it took after u got reply doing additional review to get an update

Mahesh16

Nov 21, 2017
Dear All,

I have query on Spouse Open work permit. I am an Indian citizen and have applied for Canadian WP and expecting to get my and family TRV stamped in next few days. I will travel first and then my family will accompany me in next few days (spouse and kid)

My spouse is also working and she is looking for opportunity within her organization. Now my question is, can i apply for her open work permit while being in India before i travel to Canada. If this is possible then i assume that she will get her OWP when she reach Canada. Also i think after OWP approval i dont have to send her passport again to embassy since Visitor visa is already there. And would she be able to continue with her existing organization on similar OPW. Whats the duration for getting OWP approval considering that she already had her Visitor Visa.

Regards
Shailesh Keska
Hi Shailesh,

I have a similar situation. I would be travelling on Canadian WP and my spouse & kid on TRV. Spouse wants to continue working from home (while in canada). My question is - Does she need an open work permit? If yes, what is the timeline provided she has the Visitor visa already stamped. I have heard that OWP can be requested at the port of entry and issued within few hours. Is it true?

Regards,
Mahesh

kunal123

Apr 2, 2014

Finally got medical request
applied : July 9th Online
Medical request : November 23

Reactions: Siddharth89

nik1218

Oct 13, 2017
Finally got medical request
applied : July 9th Online
Medical request : November 23
we applied online on 9th july and my spouse got medical request. so what we need to do next? Please advice.. just go for medical exam at nearest panel medical officer and they will report to cic ? or we need to upload and send that confirmation of medical report to CIC? I guess we dont need to upload or send any confirmation I think.. if I am not wrong then we just have to go for medical and they report it to CIC. but I am just making sure .

nik1218

Oct 13, 2017

we applied online on 9th july and my spouse got medical request. so what we need to do next? Please advice.. just go for medical exam at nearest panel medical officer and they will report to cic ? or we need to upload and send that confirmation of medical report to CIC? I guess we dont need to upload or send any confirmation I think.. if I am not wrong then we just have to go for medical and they report it to CIC. but I am just making sure .

kunal123

Apr 2, 2014

YES, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GO SEE A DOCTOR FOR MEDICAL EXAM AND THEY WILL DO IT BY THEIR OWN. THANKS