+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Online Applications - July 2017 Spreadsheet

Gurinder8055

Jul 20, 2015
Hey everyone my wife is a full time student she applied my sowp from canada online on 2nd November
*Got Medical request on 18 November.
*Medical done on 20 nov
Waiting for their reply

I want to ask if anyone know is medical request a good sign?? Because i saw in some posts mostly people get their visa after medical request.

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hey everyone my wife is a full time student she applied my sowp from canada online on 2nd November
*Medical done on 20 nov
Waiting for their reply

I want to ask if anyone know is medical request a good sign?? Because i saw in some posts mostly people get their visa after medical request.
Congratulation bro. It was so quick.
Ofcourse its a good sign, you will probably get your passport request soon

Siddharth89

Jan 18, 2017
we applied online on 9th july and my spouse got medical request. so what we need to do next? Please advice.. just go for medical exam at nearest panel medical officer and they will report to cic ? or we need to upload and send that confirmation of medical report to CIC? I guess we dont need to upload or send any confirmation I think.. if I am not wrong then we just have to go for medical and they report it to CIC. but I am just making sure .
It depends have you applied online or paper based. If you have applied online you just have to do a medical and the hospital will take care of everything else.

nik1218

Oct 13, 2017
It depends have you applied online or paper based. If you have applied online you just have to do a medical and the hospital will take care of everything else.
Yes applied online. medical has done by today and they said they will take care of everything.
Thanks for reply. Appreciated.

bipul_786

Nov 17, 2017
*Medical done on 20 nov
Waiting for their reply

hello have u got update??

Vj22

Aug 13, 2017
Hi friends,
I would like to know about dependent work permit,my wife already had a open work permit from jan17-jun17 but after that she went back,now she has again appllied for the work permit,is there any kind of advantage if we have any previous records of holding a work permit.
and is it processed like a new work permit application and does the processing time remains same.

geeti4546

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am a student in university doing my master degree I applied my husband's open work permit paper based with upfront medical on august 28th I linked my application with online account and received an update that he passed his medical exam .so what will be the next step or any idea after passing medical exam how much time will they take ?please reply

mandeep123

Oct 13, 2015
Hello,

Please feel free to add your details to the spreadsheet of June-July 2017 Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Online Applications for mutual benefits of all SOWP applicants.

In this Spreadsheet, you can find the solution for all questions regarding SOWP online applications. Including that, you can review the Interview questions (Morethan 200) at the end of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWafGeF2c080kyDjs9PLwC8oXgX6j5NuT0f7Q_1EwHw/edit?usp=sharing

Best Regards,
Appu
Hello appu,
I can't access this file. when i tried a mail has been sent to accessing mail id. please allow me access for this sheet

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Hello,

Please feel free to add your details to the spreadsheet of June-July 2017 Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Online Applications for mutual benefits of all SOWP applicants.

In this Spreadsheet, you can find the solution for all questions regarding SOWP online applications. Including that, you can review the Interview questions (Morethan 200) at the end of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWafGeF2c080kyDjs9PLwC8oXgX6j5NuT0f7Q_1EwHw/edit?usp=sharing

Best Regards,
Appu
i was requesting to operate spreadsheet. would you please allow me??

nkg03

Jan 19, 2015
Hi everyone, appreciate all the Questions and Answers related to SOWP. I'm Canadian PR and getting married soon (March) in India, therefore, would be going through same SOWP process. I want to be proactive and thought to ask few following queries. It would be very helpful if someone can guide to the best.
  1. Do I apply for SOWP for her or my to be spouse for herself?
  2. What I understood is that the main docs needed beside basic ones is marriage proof like certificate, pics, marriage card, blah blah. Am I correct?
  3. Do I or she or both need to be working to apply SOWP? I quit my job in Dec in Canada and she's quitting soon in India.
  4. If I'm applying SOWP for her, can I do it ASAP after marriage from India or need to go back Canada to apply?
  5. And at last, any other recommendation or suggestion for us to be together in Canada ASAP?
Thank you all in advance! Will be waiting for your responses :)