+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused

Jkaur2301

Jul 21, 2020
Hi there,
I have query regarding funds to be shown in Spouse open work permit. We have been married since 5 years. It was sudden that we planned to apply for canada visa. He is on student visa in canada.
my query is that I have less funds on my name as mostly I used my husbands account. Its not joint account. My husband and my mother in law have their fd's from long time of 40 lakhs plus. Is it possible I can show those fd's in my application as they are my family members. These are genuine and fds done over 2 years ago.
Hope to hear a reply from you soon if anybosy has dealt with same issue. Or will it caise rejection chances.

Jul 24, 2020
Hi, Can some one help me on how to upload below documents for SWOP?
  • Letter of explanation
  • chat history,
  • pre and post wedding pics,
  • My Master's Degree,
  • Spouse Passport,
  • Spouse Work Permit,
  • Spouse Job Contract,
  • Spouse Pay Slips,
  • Spouse Bank Statements,
  • Spouse T4 Tax Form.
I have only below options for uploading all the documents
Application Form(s):
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada
Supporting Documents:
Family Information form
Passport
Digital Photo
Proof of Relationship
Optional Documents:
Application for Temporary Resident Visa
Client Information

Where do I upload all these documents to proof the relationship? Should I make all these documents into one pdf file and upload?

I am stuck at this stage, kindly help.

Jul 24, 2020
Hello there ! Please please help, my situation is getting worst. I applied for my husband’s visa twicefor visitor but it got rejected. Basically 1st time we were not married and did not had enough knowledge about applying visa and second time we were married and we applied for visitor but got rejected. Now, we applied for SOWP in december and they asked for additional documents after that today i got reply saying my husband’s visa is rejected due to following reasons:

-purpose of visit
-based on family ties in canada and country of your residence
-personal assets and financial status.
-Travel History
-You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR.

PLEASE HELP.

Provided following documents:
Inviter from Canada –
Passport (all pages with visas and observation)
Canadian Visa
Work permit
Marriage Certificate
Final Transcript, or
Letter of Graduation / Course completion from the College
Employment/Offer letters, Salary Slips (Last 3 pay slips),
T4 Statements and / or Notice of Assessment if you have paid tax.
Bank Statement (Last month)
Proof of other funds CAN$6000.00 plus
utilitu bills
Rental agreement

HUSBAND’s Docs
-Passport copy with all pages having observations, notes and visas
- Experience Documents ( Business proofs, letters and business relates docs)
-Bank statements with approximately Rs.300,000
-Financial report covering all liquid assets, funds, incomes and property (Stamped by CA) – about INRs.10,00,000 and more
-Tax Assessment Report of last 2 years
-Property valuation report
-Affidavit of parents if spouse is not working and parents or in-law parents are sponsoring.

Important docs:
-Marriage pics
-Marriage certificate
-Chats, call history from last 8 months
-Extra pictures of us together last 4 years
-passport with all pages for both
-educational documents of my husband

We got inquire for additional documents as well and we provided everything with letter of explanation as well But still got rejected. I cannot believe and its bringing chaos in our relationship & there is nothing i could do, Please help. Thank you.

Please reply. As our marriage has passed 2 years and It bugs me again and again.
Hi,
Where did you upload below documents?
Is it under client information or Proof of Relationship?
-Marriage pics
-Chats, call history from last 8 months
-Extra pictures of us together last 4 years
-passport with all pages for both
-educational documents of my husband

Jul 24, 2020
Hi there,
I have query regarding funds to be shown in Spouse open work permit. We have been married since 5 years. It was sudden that we planned to apply for canada visa. He is on student visa in canada.
my query is that I have less funds on my name as mostly I used my husbands account. Its not joint account. My husband and my mother in law have their fd's from long time of 40 lakhs plus. Is it possible I can show those fd's in my application as they are my family members. These are genuine and fds done over 2 years ago.
Hope to hear a reply from you soon if anybosy has dealt with same issue. Or will it caise rejection chances.
Hi, where did you upload these:
  • chat history,
Is it under client Information or proof of relationship?

?

Baradwaj

Feb 9, 2020
Hi, Can some one help me on how to upload below documents for SWOP?
  • Letter of explanation
  • chat history,
  • My Master's Degree,
  • Spouse Passport,
  • Spouse Work Permit,
  • Spouse Job Contract,
  • Spouse Pay Slips,
  • Spouse Bank Statements,
  • Spouse T4 Tax Form.
I have only below options for uploading all the documents
Application Form(s):
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada
Supporting Documents:
Family Information form
Passport
Digital Photo
Proof of Relationship
Optional Documents:
Application for Temporary Resident Visa
Client Information

Where do I upload all these documents to proof the relationship? Should I make all these documents into one pdf file and upload?

I am stuck at this stage, kindly help.
In proof of relationship upload the docs which will prove u both are in relation ship, like marriage certificate, chats, joint account details, together photos, short trip receipt if possible get a letter from your family members explaining about your relationship and in client info u can submit rest of the things, like spouse visa details, contract details etc...

Jul 24, 2020
In proof of relationship upload the docs which will prove u both are in relation ship, like marriage certificate, chats, joint account details, together photos, short trip receipt if possible get a letter from your family members explaining about your relationship and in client info u can submit rest of the things, like spouse visa details, contract details etc...
Thank you so much Baradwaj, this information really helps.

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Okay then what should I do ? Can we apply for PR together as I am completing one year in this August or can I apply for my PR & then his PR or can we apply for sowp again ?
If possible apply for PR for both of you. If you just apply to yourself then they may gonna ask why your Husband isn't accompanying you to Canada and if you tell them that your CRS score is high(without your spouse) it may be considered as cheating. Do not take the risk again.