+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused Twice, Please Help

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
thank you for your suggestion, from what i came to know till now after you told me about the flag pole, it seems both husband and wife has to be INSIDE canada? or am i understanding it wrong. my wife is in canada and i am out side canada , i am in bhutan. please if you could clearify and guide me!!!!
Doesn't matter where you are, your spouse must be in Canada, so that it might help to get her work permit quick, I did Flagpole, when I was in Canada, was even not having US visa, still I went there, as I went through different blogs here, found that US visa is not required for flagpole, just went there, and got my PGWP

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Doesn't matter where you are, your spouse must be in Canada, so that it might help to get her work permit quick, I did Flagpole, when I was in Canada, was even not having US visa, still I went there, as I went through different blogs here, found that US visa is not required for flagpole, just went there, and got my PGWP
my wife doesnt know much about it so do i, so basically where do she has to go inorder to do this flagpole?? is there fees assocaited and documets? thank you for your help

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
my wife doesnt know much about it so do i, so basically where do she has to go inorder to do this flagpole?? is there fees assocaited and documets? thank you for your help
1. Flagpole is a simple process, where student leaves Canadian border, go to US, return back, she can go to "Rainbow Bridge" between 8AM to 1PM on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, I suggest to reach at 7.30AM itself
2. Once she returns back, she will be sent to Canadian border
3. there her WP is processed, and within couple of hours, she will get her WP
4. I took my all original documents including:
A. Passport
B. College offer letter
C. All semester enrollment letter and fees paid receipt
D. Graduation Letter
E. Study and Co-op work Permit
F. Unofficial Transcript
G. My Job offer letter( not necessary to have, I was having it, so I took it)

There's fees of$255 for PGWP including tax

From Scarborough, exactly I don't know how far it may be, as it'll depend on the address where your wife might be staying, she can search for "Rainbow Bridge" in google maps, she'll get all details of transportation

That's it, simple :)

Please feel free to post your question, if you need any further help

Reactions: tharindumax

S21

Jun 16, 2018
Sir can you help me also ... My husband in canada at study permit which is valid till oct 2018 . He was applied my SoWP on 29 May 2018 . Still there ia no update ... Is there is chances of rejection as similiar following ... Pls guide me sir .

pari45

Nov 28, 2018
hello,
Actually i applied for my spouse open work permit and i got refusal. I got this following reason for rejection:
-You have been unable to adequately demonstrate that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit under section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations
I don’t understand what is exact reason or is it valid reason? please help me

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
hello,
Actually i applied for my spouse open work permit and i got refusal. I got this following reason for rejection:
-You have been unable to adequately demonstrate that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit under section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations
I don’t understand what is exact reason or is it valid reason? please help me
Same was the reason in my sowp . I showed more income proofs of my husband. And more relationship proofs and by god’s grace i got sowp approved after two refusal. Or may order gcms notes for detailed information of your refusal

pari45

Nov 28, 2018
Same was the reason in my sowp . I showed more income proofs of my husband. And more relationship proofs and by god’s grace i got sowp approved after two refusal. Or may order gcms notes for detailed information of your refusal
did you apply for notes also ?
and can you please tell me what is exactly meaning of section 205 c(ii)?

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
did you apply for notes also ?
and can you please tell me what is exactly meaning of section 205 c(ii)?
I did not apply for notes. I applied through some representative. So don’t know detailed meaning of this. But by adding his pay stubs , his bank balance, our marriage pics, certificate, my account balance, his residence address, his employment letter, his work permit were the documents included in my application when applied the third time

pari45

Nov 28, 2018
I did not apply for notes. I applied through some representative. So don’t know detailed meaning of this. But by adding his pay stubs , his bank balance, our marriage pics, certificate, my account balance, his residence address, his employment letter, his work permit were the documents included in my application when applied the third time
ok thank you for information.
You applied your file form canada or from your home country?