+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Processing Time after Medical

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Applied on may 17. Cant give biometrics as VACs are closed
i applied for SOWP on 26 may and my wife study permit will expire on 31 dec 21, she went to canada on SP on 17 april and her course will finish on 13 aug 21 and she has also taken another course for sept intake in same college but she cant apply for study permit extension before october because of the 90 day period guidelines by cic for study permit extension i am bit scared will the visa officer be satisy by her study permit expiry date before making decision on my SOWP application because of the lon g processing time for SOWP, i hve attached the next course LOA also nd explained that my wife is going to take another one year course, because i main concern is if the decision on my file not come before october and there is just 2 month will remain of her study permit expiry will visa officer consider these things while making decision

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Applied for common-law SOWP for my spouse on May 26, 2020. VO in Mexico, never requested any medical or biometrics. It has been more than 1 year so he went ahead and passed medical exam on June 22, 2021 like upfront and sent via webform.

I have a work permit, working remotely but cannot go back to Canada to keep the status of comon-law. This waiting time hurts everyone and there is not even approximate date to look for. So many lives are on hold... It is ridiculous...

Reactions: vic777

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Applied for common-law SOWP for my spouse on May 26, 2020. VO in Mexico, never requested any medical or biometrics. It has been more than 1 year so he went ahead and passed medical exam on June 22, 2021 like upfront and sent via webform.

I have a work permit, working remotely but cannot go back to Canada to keep the status of comon-law. This waiting time hurts everyone and there is not even approximate date to look for. So many lives are on hold... It is ridiculous...
I can feel your pain. With what’s happening right now no one can ever predict when we will receive our approval. Our life seems put on hold. We can’t make other decisions. Every application is unique so you can’t really compare. Some got approval as fast 1 month and some took years so yeah. All we have to do is wait patiently and hope everything will be fine soon.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
I can feel your pain. With what’s happening right now no one can ever predict when we will receive our approval. Our life seems put on hold. We can’t make other decisions. Every application is unique so you can’t really compare. Some got approval as fast 1 month and some took years so yeah. All we have to do is wait patiently and hope everything will be fine soon.
Some got SOWP approval in 1 month post pandemic? Unbelievable?

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Do you know if it always requires a medical exam or they are waved in some situations ?

vic777

Dec 14, 2020
Biometrics are already available with IRCC as part of previous application. So waiting for decision. When did you submit your application and what is the current status?
We have been waiting for 6 months now. It takes a lot of time these days...