+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Need Help

onkesh

Oct 21, 2021
Hello need your inputs :)

I have three years work permit and my spouse has a SOWP valid for the same duration.

I lost my job this week and now I am looking for a new job. Can my spouse still work during this time?

In brief, can my spouse who is on SOWP still work, if I am unemployed?
Brief answer is Yes you can. Assuming your work permit is an open work permit and it's not tied to any employer.
Hope you find your job soon.

Harsh667

Apr 2, 2023
Hey i am planning to apply for spouse open work permit and hence looking for some answers related to the proof of funds:-
-Is my canadian account balance,past year t4 ,paystubs and noc letter enough to get a approval ?(not showing any funds from my spouse or parents accounts at all)
-do i need to show that my spouse have access to the account if yes then how it is possible?

Please if anyone can help it would be great.
Thank you

adcastro

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
3 biweekly paystubs are sufficient ! Infact starting January 30, 2023, the eligibility criteria for SOWP has been expanded to include spouses of work permit holders with job in any TEER category (0-5)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/bring-family.html

Hi,

We are interested in applying for my wife's Open Work Permit. I'd like to seek your recommendations regarding our situation. Here's our situation:

1. I have recently obtained my post-graduation work permit and am set to commence work as an IT Solution Consultant in Canada on September 5, 2023.

2. My wife currently holds a multiple-entry visitor visa and is a government employee in the Philippines. We are wondering whether you would recommend that she apply for her Open Work Permit in the Philippines or if it would be more advisable for her to return to Canada and apply here.

Also, do I need to request my certificate of employment and submit at least 3 paystubs as part of the supporting documents?

Thank you

@Naturgrl any recommendations please?

pawan30

Sep 4, 2023
Our passport went for stamping work permit for both me and wife. After that we got to know that wife is pregnant, so do she needs to do medical test again or it is fine?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys, I need help!
I got 2 years closed work permit and intrested in applying for my spouse and kids (Pakistan). Hence, looking for some below mentioned answers.
1- Which format I have to use for applying. IRCC & GCKEY. (IRCC could not find open work permit category)
2- Application form has to be submitted under visitor visa or directly applying for open work permit visa.
3- Asking for how many days she will be visiting in canada?