+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (Letter of explanation sample)

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Begin with introducing yourself: name, age, qualification and experience.
(IF SPOUSE IS A STUDENT IN CANADA):-
Information about spouse name age qualification and the date of travel to Canada on a study permit. Mention the current status of your spouse that your spouse is a FULL TIME STUDENT in DLI. Mention the date when she began her studies. Mention that you are enclosing the documents like the ENROLLMENT LETTER from SPOUSE DLI stating spouse is ENROLLED in FULL TIME (GRADUATE )Study program.
Mention that spouse is away from you and both are depressed and you desire to stay along with spouse and work in Canada so that you support each other before you both come back to your home country.

Hope this will help many..... What I have mentioned in CAPITAL LETTERS is MOST IMPORTANT and the proof documents to be submitted for smooth processing

Daneshjoo

Jan 1, 2021
Hi,
I have applied for a study permit( phd in Human Studies)and I am awaiting for my Visa. After receiving my visa I intend to apply for My wife and 2 little kids.
I am applying for my spouse open work permits. Would you please share with me sample statement of travelling purpose needed for spouse visa.

Best regards,
Mohammad

Lkr92

Aug 11, 2018
Begin with introducing yourself: name, age, qualification and experience.
(IF SPOUSE IS A STUDENT IN CANADA):-
Information about spouse name age qualification and the date of travel to Canada on a study permit. Mention the current status of your spouse that your spouse is a FULL TIME STUDENT in DLI. Mention the date when she began her studies. Mention that you are enclosing the documents like the ENROLLMENT LETTER from SPOUSE DLI stating spouse is ENROLLED in FULL TIME (GRADUATE )Study program.
Mention that spouse is away from you and both are depressed and you desire to stay along with spouse and work in Canada so that you support each other before you both come back to your home country.

Hope this will help many..... What I have mentioned in CAPITAL LETTERS is MOST IMPORTANT and the proof documents to be submitted for smooth processing
Hi thanks for this helpful information, another question, do we have to mention regarding or marriage in the same letter ? for example do we have to mention how long we have been married and regards to our life together etc in the same explanation letter ? or just uploading our pictures, wedding invitations etc without any specific explanation would suffice ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi thanks for this helpful information, another question, do we have to mention regarding or marriage in the same letter ? for example do we have to mention how long we have been married and regards to our life together etc in the same explanation letter ? or just uploading our pictures, wedding invitations etc without any specific explanation would suffice ?
Yes you should include proof of your relationship especially if you have recently been married. Time in person is especially important. SOWP can be refused by IRCC if there are concerns about your relationship because there are unfortunately people who commit immigration fraud by getting married to someone with a permit already and then apply for SOWP soon after.

Reactions: Mercydharmie

Elegance

Apr 11, 2020
Hello,
Pls is it only my spouse following me as a dependent that needs to write LOE or the both of us..

zonur

Feb 7, 2021
Hi there,

does the NOC have to be mentioned in the Employment letter? Mine has the information on my starting date, position and salary as well as permenant and full time

bekks2858

Oct 20, 2023
Am a newbie here, am about to apply for my study visa, a family of 3, a toddler included. We want to apply all 3 all at once, does my hubby need to attach his Sowp included in our application? Or should I mention about my family coming along with me in my letter of explanation? PlsI need Insights, anyone

Jibraan

May 9, 2022
Hi there,

does the NOC have to be mentioned in the Employment letter? Mine has the information on my starting date, position and salary as well as permenant and full time
Hi
I know its after 2 years. Have you been able to do it?
Am in same situation