+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit got rejected

akshata_khan

Jan 12, 2017
Hi,
I had applied for open work permit dependant visa, embassy took 10weeks before they sent a reject letter. The reasons they have sated is as follows;
1. Travel History
2. Family ties in Canada & place of residence
3. Purpose of Visit
4. Employement prospects in country of residence
5. You have submitted documents which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished overallcredibility of your submission. I was therefore not satisfied that you are not inadmissible to Canada and that you meet the requirements of the actand regulations. Specifically i was not satisfied with the following documents were authentic

Just a brief understanding on my case;
I am married to an Indian staying in Canada, he has open work permit & is yet to apply for PR.
I have travelled to asian countries (twice to Thailand & once to Malaysia) all were visa on arrival
I had submitted marraige certificate & few pics of the ceremony..

I am unable to understand point 2,3&4
Can someone guide how time should i wait before reapllying & whant be probable issues with the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For travel, CIC is looking for past travel to countries requiring visas like the US, UK and Europe.

What evidence did you provide to demonstrate ties to your home country?

akshata_khan

Jan 12, 2017
What are the options to demonstrate ties to home country?
What can i do now on travel history, as i don't have visa for US,UL & Europe

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will need to demonstrate ties to your home country to be approved. Ties include things like proof of property ownership, proof of business ownership, proof of employment, etc. A bank account typically isn't enough.

Looking at the refusal reasons again, it also looks like CIC was concerned one of your documents was fraudulent. I would order your case notes to see which document so that you can address this issue when you reapply.

akshata_khan

Jan 12, 2017
I had submitted IT return for past two financial year. In proof of employment i had shared, experience letter and reference letter

Ginni Kapoor

Mar 21, 2018
Hello,

My husband stays and works in Canada.
We got married in Dec, 2017 after that we applied a tourist visa for me which got rejected as the documents were incomplete.

Now we applied a spouse work permit and got submission confirmation on 1st April, 2018.

I got a request from CIC for medical exam and after giving it I again got a message on 14th June, 2018 that I passed the exam.

But simce then I haven’t heard from CIC, as far as I know they declare results of a work permit within 11-12 weeks but it’s almost 15th week going on.

Does anybody know how long they will still be taking? My visa will be accepted or still have chances of rejection??

VishvaRana

May 14, 2018
Hello,

My husband stays and works in Canada.
We got married in Dec, 2017 after that we applied a tourist visa for me which got rejected as the documents were incomplete.

Now we applied a spouse work permit and got submission confirmation on 1st April, 2018.

I got a request from CIC for medical exam and after giving it I again got a message on 14th June, 2018 that I passed the exam.

But simce then I haven’t heard from CIC, as far as I know they declare results of a work permit within 11-12 weeks but it’s almost 15th week going on.

Does anybody know how long they will still be taking? My visa will be accepted or still have chances of rejection??
from which country did you apply?
when you got medical request?
I applied on Apr 23
waiting for medical request

VishvaRana

May 14, 2018
I am in Canada, applied online through lawyer.
My husband is in India.
So, application will process from India.

Ginni Kapoor

Mar 21, 2018
I am in Canada, applied online through lawyer.
My husband is in India.
So, application will process from India.
I don’t know what they are upto... not replying me after passing me in that medical exam and not even telling you for your husband’s medical.

They take 3-4 months to complete the process and sometimes more time depends ok the number of applications they get.... .
I’m just waiting for these months to get completed.