+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit from Pakistan

Sanish

Jun 8, 2018
thanks for the reply could you please guide me more about SOWP.
how to carry on.
U can also apply express entry and make ur wife dependent as u have a job and if u have enough points.
Spousal open work permit takes 21 weeks for pakistan but can also take more time as many of march applicant still waiting for the PPR. I alao applied on 20march but still waiting for the visa
So if u have enough point go for express entry u will get PR with in 6 months. And if u want to go for sowp my personal advise apply papper base coz online applications take longer which i have seen

ahmer bashir

Oct 1, 2017
U can also apply express entry and make ur wife dependent as u have a job and if u have enough points.
Spousal open work permit takes 21 weeks for pakistan but can also take more time as many of march applicant still waiting for the PPR. I alao applied on 20march but still waiting for the visa
So if u have enough point go for express entry u will get PR with in 6 months. And if u want to go for sowp my personal advise apply papper base coz online applications take longer which i have seen
Thanks for the info, actually i don’t have enough points to go for express entry profile, so i was thinking for an open work permit.
And should i apply right away or wait for some time because it’s been few days i started job.

Sanish

Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for the info, actually i don’t have enough points to go for express entry profile, so i was thinking for an open work permit.
And should i apply right away or wait for some time because it’s been few days i started job.
U will have to submit pay stubs etc so i think u should wait

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi does any one have any updates? I applied for my husband's SOWP in May 2018 and still don't have any updates. In fact, I actually requested the cic to withdraw my husband's profile since I was worried that was delaying my study permit for which I applied alongside. Does anyone have any insights into this?

makzoite

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I applied on 20th march
Additional documents requested 8th may
Medical requsted 8june
Medical passed 20 june
And now waiting for the PPR but no update. Anyone know how long it will take after medical passed?

Did you got visa?

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey any body here??, guys please help its urgent is there any body who got biometrics validation letter just after 4 days of submission and still got medical request?

hira13

Feb 21, 2019
Hi,
My name is Arsalan Ahmed from Pakistan. I am a Master’s student in Ottawa on a 2 year program, with a study permit starting form 1 Jan 2019. My wife is in Pakistan and we want her to come to Canada for the duration of my studies. Initially we applied for visitor visa, but it was rejected.

The notes stated the following comments:

“Pa has weak personal and financial ties in Pakistan on basis of info provided. On basis of information on file, am not satisfied that pa is sufficiently established in Pakistan. I have also taken into consideration the current political, economic and security situation in Pakistan; ties would not be strong enough to home country and there would be incentive to remain in Canada. I am not satisfied the applicant would be a genuine visitor and leave Canada at the end of authorized stay. Refused”.

So now I am applying for her spouse open work permit
Married from 3 years so marriage certificate and pictures
medical upfont
her education documents
her bank statement of 6000 CAD
Nadra document of our relationship
Her father house property paper
My bank statements in canada of 12000 CAD
My father sponsored me and her so his affidavit of support
his property papers and job letter
My study permit
Sin paper
Visa stamped on Passport

Based on this information and the history of rejected visitor visa, I would like to know what documents do i need to submit except above mentioned and do i need LMIA assessment for her? and any format for letter of explanation if anyone can help to provide please?

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Arsalan Ahmed

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi,
My name is Arsalan Ahmed from Pakistan. I am a Master’s student in Ottawa on a 2 year program, with a study permit starting form 1 Jan 2019. My wife is in Pakistan and we want her to come to Canada for the duration of my studies. Initially we applied for visitor visa, but it was rejected.

The notes stated the following comments:

“Pa has weak personal and financial ties in Pakistan on basis of info provided. On basis of information on file, am not satisfied that pa is sufficiently established in Pakistan. I have also taken into consideration the current political, economic and security situation in Pakistan; ties would not be strong enough to home country and there would be incentive to remain in Canada. I am not satisfied the applicant would be a genuine visitor and leave Canada at the end of authorized stay. Refused”.

So now I am applying for her spouse open work permit
Married from 3 years so marriage certificate and pictures
medical upfont
her education documents
her bank statement of 6000 CAD
Nadra document of our relationship
Her father house property paper
My bank statements in canada of 12000 CAD
My father sponsored me and her so his affidavit of support
his property papers and job letter
My study permit
Sin paper
Visa stamped on Passport

Based on this information and the history of rejected visitor visa, I would like to know what documents do i need to submit except above mentioned and do i need LMIA assessment for her? and any format for letter of explanation if anyone can help to provide please?

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Arsalan Ahmed
Hi,
you don't need LMIA, did you applu are still waiting for this?

can.alb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello did you apply for your wife work permit? if so how long did it took to process. i applied for my wife and getting an idea of how long it would take. thanks