+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for March 2018

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Could you guys list out the documents you submitted so that we might have a clue if some of us don't happen to receive the visa confirmation.
My list of DOC:
From sponsor( in this case it's my wife, she is in Canada studying)
1.her offer letter
2.her visa validity document
3.invitation letter.
4.her canadain bank balance
From sponsored( that is me, I am in bhutan)
1.marriage certificate
2.job exprience Letter( along with pay slip)
3.sop
4.medical certificate.
5.passport copy.
6.softvopy passport size picture.
7.land valuation report( for strong ties back home)
8.bank balance ( for 3 months)

Along with the immigration forum. Depending upon the locality.
I hope this helps and you be able to relate to yours.
Hi

What did you write in SOP, Please ?
I want to apply for SOWP.

Please Advise
Thank you

Rkumail

Apr 12, 2018
My husband applied for sowp on
march 8th ,online

No medical upfront on apllication submission

But he did got it done after and sent it through CSE
My husband applied for sowp on December 18 online
Application accepted on 20th December
Last update is background checking . Waiting for medical request . Can anyone tell why is taking so long time ? Is it positive for

vivi153

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
applied sowp for my wife on March 16th with medical upfront. received uci and appli no on March 17th. after that no update so far. I am confused if i missed anything.

yassir_roat

Mar 30, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
hi there I want to apply for my wife as an open work permit. My question is which one I should apply first. Open work permit or Visit visa?
My wife got refused on April 16 ; Stated that
"""Insufficient information provided regarding spouse's employment in a NOC O,A or B position or ofthe relationship. Not satisfied you meet the requirements of R205(c)(ii).""
My question is that :
There is no option to submit additional info like my info,letter of employment,pay stubs etc?

I am going to apply again. And I opened file,there i found:
1.Application Form :

Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
2.Supporting Document:
Instructions - Document: Family Information Form (IMM5707)
Passport (required)

Instructions - Document: Passport

Digital photo (required)

Instructions - Document: Digital photo
Proof of Relationship (required)
Optional Documents

Instructions - Form: Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
Client Information
Instructions - Form: Client Information

Those r the form..My question where would i upload my Passport,employment info,salary stubs, Bank statement or other documents.
An also how could i get medical done upfront?

Please let me know. I dont want to get refused again.Thanks

vivi153

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
My wife got refused on April 16 ; Stated that
"""Insufficient information provided regarding spouse's employment in a NOC O,A or B position or ofthe relationship. Not satisfied you meet the requirements of R205(c)(ii).""
My question is that :
There is no option to submit additional info like my info,letter of employment,pay stubs etc?

I am going to apply again. And I opened file,there i found:
1.Application Form :

Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)
2.Supporting Document:
Instructions - Document: Family Information Form (IMM5707)
Passport (required)

Instructions - Document: Passport

Digital photo (required)

Instructions - Document: Digital photo
Proof of Relationship (required)
Optional Documents

Instructions - Form: Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
Client Information
Instructions - Form: Client Information

Those r the form..My question where would i upload my Passport,employment info,salary stubs, Bank statement or other documents.
An also how could i get medical done upfront?

Please let me know. I dont want to get refused again.Thanks
You need to create a pdf file with marriage photos, certificate ,employment letter etc and should be uploaded in client information

yassir_roat

Mar 30, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
im going to filling up the sowp again, here i found this question : """Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or Common-Law Partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution? "" Here I have to answer Yes or No. My confusion is since I am currently working here in Canada under work permit and my wife is living in Bangladesh, and after getting visa she will be flying alone, in that case what will be the answer here, Yes or No? Please any experienced person clear my confusion. Thanks.

vivi153

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
im going to filling up the sowp again, here i found this question : """Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or Common-Law Partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution? "" Here I have to answer Yes or No. My confusion is since I am currently working here in Canada under work permit and my wife is living in Bangladesh, and after getting visa she will be flying alone, in that case what will be the answer here, Yes or No? Please any experienced person clear my confusion. Thanks.
I answered NO for this question since I am already in canada. But I am not an experienced person though

yassir_roat

Mar 30, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I have another question: when I’m filling 2nd time of sowp should I use previous UCI no or keep that empty?
An how would I do the medical upfront? Did someone know the answer please let me know. Thanks in advance

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hello guys I applied for swop on March 15 with upfront medical and got my medical approve on 20th of April.
How long would it take to get my passport request ? Any ideas? Thank you for your informations