+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit extension

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi folks,

I'm moving to a new address within Toronto, so my question is how to update the address in my work permit application which is currently is in progress.
I tried online but it says:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
Please suggest the next step?

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
Hello Samir,

Wait for 3 paystubs and then apply. You don't have to apply 30 days before. You can even apply for your wife's owp extension 1 day before which is December 29 in your case. But don't wait until that date because sometimes website doesn't work. Apply as soon as you complete 3 paystubs. You don't have to wait for your PGWP document. You can apply for your wife's OWP while you are in implied status.
hi thank you for your reply. do you have example for reference latter . if you have can you please share it? thank you!!

Reactions: C_vitamin

Raj1508

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,

Need help...I am on a open work permit as my spouse is of Noc code B.. Both are visa is getting expired shortly. My wife's work visa extension will be filed by her company.. But we will not know any details of her application.. How can I apply for the open permit extension seperately , what re the supporting documents that I should furnish..

llumapat

Dec 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I read a couple of the discussions in this thread but would just like to re-confirm. I am on OWP as of the moment until 03/31/2021, attached to my wife's Study Permit.

She has been working part-time since September 2020 (NOC 4214) for 12.5 hours and her employer has stated this in their letter. She also has an employment contract for until June 2021. She has payslips for the various periods, but we are not certain whether OWP extension requires that it's a full-time job.

If we can submit the part-time pay slips, together with her other employment document, would this suffice IRCCs requirements?

Thanks a lot in advance!

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi folks,

I'm moving to a new address within Toronto, so my question is how to update the address in my work permit application which is currently is in progress.
I tried online but it says:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
Please suggest the next step?
Hi,
You can use below website to change your address.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Could one of you please share the reference letter?
Name
Address
Phone number

Letter of Explanation – Open Work Permit Extension (OWP)

Date​

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you this letter to explain some points when considering the attached documents relating to my Open Work Permit Extension (OWP) application. My wife has been graduated from School name on date, and she applied for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) on date. She has a valid job offer under the NOC B job category. She has received 2 paystubs (bi-weekly) currently.

My work permit will be end on date, so before it ends, I would like to apply for extension. I will add my wife’s third paystub later as soon as she received it.

As approval for work permit process takes long time because of COVID-19 pandemic, I hope adding my wife’s last paystub later will not cause any problem.

I have also added my 3 paystubs to show that I am currently working, and I am contributing to country.

Please find the attached document names I have added respectively:

My wife’s employment letter

My wife’s 2 paystubs

My wife’s Graduate letter

My wife’s Post Graduate Work Permit Application Confirmation Page

My last 3 paystubs

Thank you in advance for the time devoted to the treatment of my Open Work Permit Extension (OWP).

Yours sincerely,

Name​

Reactions: Vijayjessy

Vijayjessy

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Chennai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Banglore
Thank you so much @C_vitamin. I appreciate your help.

Planning to apply with the below documents for my SOWP.

1. My Spouse's work permit(PGWP).
2. My Spouse's offer letter for NOC B and three paystubs.
3. My Work permit copy
4. IMM family form.

please help me with the two questions I still doubt on.

1. Should I add any document to prove our continued relationships?
ex. Travel together history, pre or post marriage photos, Current photos taken after moved to Canada, Address proof shows we are staying together, Chat history..?

2. Should I add any letter from my spouse to the officer requesting SOWP to me?

thanks,
Vijay

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Thank you so much @C_vitamin. I appreciate your help.

Planning to apply with the below documents for my SOWP.

1. My Spouse's work permit(PGWP).
2. My Spouse's offer letter for NOC B and three paystubs.
3. My Work permit copy
4. IMM family form.

please help me with the two questions I still doubt on.

1. Should I add any document to prove our continued relationships?
ex. Travel together history, pre or post marriage photos, Current photos taken after moved to Canada, Address proof shows we are staying together, Chat history..?

2. Should I add any letter from my spouse to the officer requesting SOWP to me?

thanks,
Vijay
Hello Vijay,

1) If you are married add marriage license. If not, you may add some proof that shows your relationship. Such as address proof. I don't think you need to send photo or chat history.

2)You need to add below documents as I mentioned on the letter; (You don't need a letter that wrote by your spouse. You only need 1 letter written by OWP applicant. As I sent above.

1) Your spouse employment letter(Offer letter for NOC B)
2) Your spouse 3 paystubs (If you have 1 or 2 no problem. You can add the rest as soon as when you receive them.)
3) Your spouse Graduate letter
4) Your spouse's PGWP or If you haven't receive it you can add your spouse's Post Graduate Work Permit Application Confirmation Page
5) Your last 3 paystubs (This is extra. You don't need to add.)

Reactions: Vijayjessy

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Hello Vijay,

1) If you are married add marriage license. If not, you may add some proof that shows your relationship. Such as address proof. I don't think you need to send photo or chat history.

2)You need to add below documents as I mentioned on the letter; (You don't need a letter that wrote by your spouse. You only need 1 letter written by OWP applicant. As I sent above.

2) Your spouse 3 paystubs (If you have 1 or 2 no problem. You can add the rest as soon as when you receive them.)
4) Your spouse's PGWP or If you haven't receive it you can add your spouse's Post Graduate Work Permit Application Confirmation Page
Is the last three paystubs just an addition or is it mandatory? Any advice will be highly appreciated...

Vijayjessy

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Chennai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Banglore
Hello Vijay,

Thank you so much..

Jul 16, 2021
My wife's SOWP expires in the next 15 days and I don't have a NOC 0, A or B employment. However, I will get a NOC B offer letter in a couple of days but by the time I join the position and get 3 pay stubs my wife's visa will be already expired by 2 months. I want to know if It is possible to apply for SOWP with a NOC B employment offer.

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
You can extend her work permit via your ongoing application. You have to just provide your work permit extension application number..