+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Extension without Primary Applicant's B/O category job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! I have the same concern since mmI didnt find a NOC 0AB job in a rural area so how would I extend my husband's OWP? What happened to your hubbys OWP extension?
You can only extend your husband's OWP if you find a NOC A, B or 0 role. There are no exceptions.

embella 27

Dec 3, 2019
Hy,
I have a similar case as I will be graduating in December, 2019. I will apply for my PGWP in last week of January. Currently I am working as a caregiver which does not fall under NOC 0, A and B but I got an offer for bakery helper in Safeway. Can anybody help me to know if this bakery helper is a skilled job as I tried to do understand this job category but I couldn't find it. Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hy,
I have a similar case as I will be graduating in December, 2019. I will apply for my PGWP in last week of January. Currently I am working as a caregiver which does not fall under NOC 0, A and B but I got an offer for bakery helper in Safeway. Can anybody help me to know if this bakery helper is a skilled job as I tried to do understand this job category but I couldn't find it. Thank you
Not skilled. It likely falls under NOC 6641 or something similar.

Nijo Sanu

Apr 14, 2021
You need to change your status to visitor before you SOWP expires and stop working. Your other option would be for your employer to get an LMIA and then you can apply for a closed work permit but it is expensive for the employer and takes 4-6 months. Once your wife has PGWP, a job in NOC 0, A or B plus 3 pay stubs you can apply for your SOWP. Fastest way would be to flagpole.
My wife is a student in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Her course finishing on Dec 2021. She is working as a Dietary Aide NOC C. My status is Spousal open work permit and I'm working as line cook NOC B. While she submit her work permit can I also extend my visa? She doesn't hold NOC B so is there chances of refusal for my visa?
Since I hold a NOC B job can I submit with that status or do the primary applicant only need to have NOC b job for the spousal visa to be extended ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife is a student in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Her course finishing on Dec 2021. She is working as a Dietary Aide NOC C. My status is Spousal open work permit and I'm working as line cook NOC B. While she submit her work permit can I also extend my visa? She doesn't hold NOC B so is there chances of refusal for my visa?
Since I hold a NOC B job can I submit with that status or do the primary applicant only need to have NOC b job for the spousal visa to be extended ?
You don’t qualify for an SOWP extension if your wife has a job in NOC C.

Apr 22, 2021
I applied for the extension of spousal OWP without attaching anything and the officer requested the letter from my spousal employment and 3 payslips before April 26. However, up to this time, we have only got a letter and 2 pay slips since he only started working there April 1 (part time). I’m attaching a written explanation about it. Will that be a problem?

Mann_

May 31, 2021
Hi, I have a question if someone can answer. I have a Noc B job to extend my husband’s work permit. Do we need a certain wage as well for it or just the job should be under Noc B?

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hi, I have a question if someone can answer. I have a Noc B job to extend my husband’s work permit. Do we need a certain wage as well for it or just the job should be under Noc B?
i have a question i applied for sowp but due to long processing times on SOWP application my main concer is that my wife study permit will expire in 6 months, she has also taken admission in another one year course in same college for sept 21 intake and if the decision dosnt come sooner will there be any issue cz my wife cannot apply for study permit extension before october because of the 90 day period guidelines her course last date is 13 aug 21 , study permit expiry date is 31 dec 21 and i have also attached the next course sept 21 LOA in my SOWP application

Chinksmis

Nov 26, 2021
Hi There,
My name is Kemil. I came to Canada as a student in 2017 December. Then I called my wife based on spouse Open Work Permit in 2018 September. She is in Canada right now with me. Now, I just recently graduated in April 2019 and currently I am not holding any B or O category job. I am just working part-time in superstore Walmart. My wife is working in a mechanical company as a factory worker full time. Now I have already apply for My post graduate work permit and My wife's Open work permit extension together.
My question is Should I be concerned about my wife's open work permit extension rejection because I am currently not holding any B or O category job? Is It needed to have one of these category job for main applicant to extend their spouse open work permit with main applicant's Post graduation work permit when they both are in CANADA when they apply? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Hi Kemil,

Did your wife's open work permit extension approved since you did not have a noc job at the time?

Even I am in the same situation.

Regards,
Shweta

Boby Thomas

Jan 11, 2024
No problem. You will get it unless ircc requests additional documents. If that happens , you will have 14 days to upload those documents other Will be denied and further applications will be more liked to be reviewed with caution.