+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Extension without Primary Applicant's B/O category job.

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
Hi There,
My name is Kemil. I came to Canada as a student in 2017 December. Then I called my wife based on spouse Open Work Permit in 2018 September. She is in Canada right now with me. Now, I just recently graduated in April 2019 and currently I am not holding any B or O category job. I am just working part-time in superstore Walmart. My wife is working in a mechanical company as a factory worker full time. Now I have already apply for My post graduate work permit and My wife's Open work permit extension together.
My question is Should I be concerned about my wife's open work permit extension rejection because I am currently not holding any B or O category job? Is It needed to have one of these category job for main applicant to extend their spouse open work permit with main applicant's Post graduation work permit when they both are in CANADA when they apply? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi There,
My name is Kemil. I came to Canada as a student in 2017 December. Then I called my wife based on spouse Open Work Permit in 2018 September. She is in Canada right now with me. Now, I just recently graduated in April 2019 and currently I am not holding any B or O category job. I am just working part-time in superstore Walmart. My wife is working in a mechanical company as a factory worker full time. Now I have already apply for My post graduate work permit and My wife's Open work permit extension together.
My question is Should I be concerned about my wife's open work permit extension rejection because I am currently not holding any B or O category job? Is It needed to have one of these category job for main applicant to extend their spouse open work permit with main applicant's Post graduation work permit when they both are in CANADA when they apply? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Her OWP will be rejected. You require a skilled job and 3 payslips for her to qualify.

She needs to apply to change her status to visitor if she wants to maintain legal status. If you get a skilled job, she can apply for an OWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi There,
Thank you.
You must be holding a NOC A, B or 0 job and you must include payslips with the application to extend your wife's work permit. Otherwise your wife's work permit is going to be refused. Yes - this is mandatory. It doesn't matter if both of you are in Canada or your wife is outside of Canada. This rule still applies.

If you have already applied to extend your wife's work permit based on your job at Walmart - then yes, it's guaranteed that your wife's work permit is going to be refused.

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
You must be holding a NOC A, B or 0 job and you must include payslips with the application to extend your wife's work permit. Otherwise your wife's work permit is going to be refused. Yes - this is mandatory. It doesn't matter if both of you are in Canada or your wife is outside of Canada. This rule still applies.

If you have already applied to extend your wife's work permit based on your job at Walmart - then yes, it's guaranteed that your wife's work permit is going to be refused.
Thanks for your reply. But one my friend who applied the same way I did it, got his PGWP and her wife'0s open work permit extended.

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
Her OWP will be rejected. You require a skilled job and 3 payslips for her to qualify.

She needs to apply to change her status to visitor if she wants to maintain legal status. If you get a skilled job, she can apply for an OWP.
Thanks for your reply. But one my friend who applied the same way I did it, got his PGWP and her wife'0s open work permit extended.

Reactions: Kelyk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IRCC made a mistake in their case. You should definitely be expecting a refusal. It's mandatory that you hold a NOC A, B or 0 job in order for your wife's work permit to be extended.

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
IRCC made a mistake in their case. You should definitely be expecting a refusal. It's mandatory that you hold a NOC A, B or 0 job in order for your wife's work permit to be extended.
He is not the only one. Before I applied I asked to 4 applicants they all got it with same case as mine. Is there anything I am missing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He is not the only one. Before I applied I asked to 4 applicants they all got it with same case as mine. Is there anything I am missing?
The requirements are very specific. A NOC A, B or 0 job is required. It doesn't have to be full time - but it must be in a skilled NOC. Impossible to comment on the other applicants' cases without knowing the full details. Again, you should be prepared for a refusal for your wife's extension. Once that happens, she will need to stop working immediately. She will then need to restore her status to visitor. Once you have a job that meets the requirements, she can then apply for a new OWP.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
Hi all, I have applied both mine( Post graduation work permit) and my wife(Open work permit extension) applications together with my GC key account. I have not submitted any financial or supportive documents of mine into my wife's application. I just want to know, if my application and my wife application will be accessed together by one immigration officer or separately? Our reference code is the same and I have applied both our application in one GC account at the same time.

Thanks.

iishugupta

Jun 5, 2019
Dear All ,

Hope you all doing good !

Need your help and knowledge for the following situation

my wife is on study permit and we are applying for her PGWP.
her studies completed in mid april and validity of study permit is july 2019.

I am on open work permit till july only.

but unfortunately she is not having any skilled job as of now .

so please help how we will proceed further

1.do we have to apply together or firstly we have to wait for my wife PGWP.
2.what will happen to my SOWP , as she is not having any skilled job / paystubs
3.do I have to wait for her to get into skilled job before I apply to SOWP.
4.in case of any rejection , what will happen ?
*do I have to leave the country immediately , or will I get time to process it again ?
*or I have to apply for visitor visa ?

thanks in advance
kindly he

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All ,

Hope you all doing good !

Need your help and knowledge for the following situation

my wife is on study permit and we are applying for her PGWP.
her studies completed in mid april and validity of study permit is july 2019.

I am on open work permit till july only.

but unfortunately she is not having any skilled job as of now .

so please help how we will proceed further

1.do we have to apply together or firstly we have to wait for my wife PGWP.
2.what will happen to my SOWP , as she is not having any skilled job / paystubs
3.do I have to wait for her to get into skilled job before I apply to SOWP.
4.in case of any rejection , what will happen ?
*do I have to leave the country immediately , or will I get time to process it again ?
*or I have to apply for visitor visa ?

thanks in advance
kindly he
You need to change your status to visitor before you SOWP expires and stop working. Your other option would be for your employer to get an LMIA and then you can apply for a closed work permit but it is expensive for the employer and takes 4-6 months. Once your wife has PGWP, a job in NOC 0, A or B plus 3 pay stubs you can apply for your SOWP. Fastest way would be to flagpole.

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
You need to change your status to visitor before you SOWP expires and stop working. Your other option would be for your employer to get an LMIA and then you can apply for a closed work permit but it is expensive for the employer and takes 4-6 months. Once your wife has PGWP, a job in NOC 0, A or B plus 3 pay stubs you can apply for your SOWP. Fastest way would be to flagpole.

NOC 0, A or B job needs to be full time or part time job would be ok?

LexusNCanada

Sep 6, 2019
Hi There,
Thank you.
Hello! I have the same concern since mmI didnt find a NOC 0AB job in a rural area so how would I extend my husband's OWP? What happened to your hubbys OWP extension?