+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Approved question

olmo

Dec 4, 2018
My common-law partner just got the message at final decision: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."
When checking the messages there is a document named: Correspondence Letter.
When downloading the message it's just the "RE: validity of your biometric information" No-where within the pdf it says anything about Correspondence letter. Did they send the wrong document? or should we just go to Canada?
There are no instructions on which documents to take with you or if you will be allowed to go through at POE

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
My common-law partner just got the message at final decision: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."
When checking the messages there is a document named: Correspondence Letter.
When downloading the message it's just the "RE: validity of your biometric information" No-where within the pdf it says anything about Correspondence letter. Did they send the wrong document? or should we just go to Canada?
There are no instructions on which documents to take with you or if you will be allowed to go through at POE
You will get other letter in one day! that's very normal process what they doing now

Reactions: olmo

olmo

Dec 4, 2018
Good luck!

Did you applied online or offline? from which country u applied?
My common-law partner applied online, from France. Application sent on December 16, 2018, Biometrics submitted on December 21, 2018. and so got approved March 25, 2019 and received the correspondence letter March 26, 2019.

I did not apply online. After my company got the LMIA( within 3 weeks ), I just went to POE and got the permit right away. (I was living in France, but Dutch nationality) And my job is in the Global Talent Stream list.

Reactions: Coremark1996

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
My common-law partner applied online, from France. Application sent on December 16, 2018, Biometrics submitted on December 21, 2018. and so got approved March 25, 2019 and received the correspondence letter March 26, 2019.

I did not apply online. After my company got the LMIA( within 3 weeks ), I just went to POE and got the permit right away. (I was living in France, but Dutch nationality) And my job is in the Global Talent Stream list.
thanks for you reply. I appreciate it

khanbehlol

May 28, 2019
Hi friends,
My Wife applied for OPW from India. Her cic account is updated as application approved. Check your messages. But she did not receive any message or correspondence letter. What should we do now. How long does it take to receive the correspondence letter to submit the passport.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

olmo

Dec 4, 2018
Hi friends,
My Wife applied for OPW from India. Her cic account is updated as application approved. Check your messages. But she did not receive any message or correspondence letter. What should we do now. How long does it take to receive the correspondence letter to submit the passport.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
Just check one of my previous messages in this thread.. it's written there. And there is no need to reply 3 times. Don't worry if it's approved you will get it! Congrats!

khanbehlol

May 28, 2019
Just check one of my previous messages in this thread.. it's written there. And there is no need to reply 3 times. Don't worry if it's approved you will get it! Congrats!
Thanks for the reply. I guess I need to wait for couple of days for the correspondence letter