navjyotiu

Oct 3, 2013
Chatham, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello Guys,

I am applying for study permit for doing a post-graduate course of 1 year duration and people are advising me, not to show that my husband will accompany me. We both have Multi-TRV, valid for 5 years.

So if he comes to Canada with me and apply for open work permit from within Canada, What are the chances he will get the permit? How easy/difficult it is to apply.

Thanks in advance.

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Same case here.. Married guy! See there are pros & cons.

1) ur application will only b considered if ur a masters student at a university.(not any public college)
2) ur husband will be able to work full time on a OWP if u go to a university. ( i have my engineering frds there who have gone recently with spouse)
3) try to go urself first n then process for spouse. that will increase chances and wont show that its immigration.
4) lastly, forget all the benefits if ur going to any college for post graduate certificate program.

sena1

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raj_009 said:
Same case here.. Married guy! See there are pros & cons.

1) ur application will only b considered if ur a masters student at a university.(not any public college)
2) ur husband will be able to work full time on a OWP if u go to a university. ( i have my engineering frds there who have gone recently with spouse)
3) try to go urself first n then process for spouse. that will increase chances and wont show that its immigration.
4) lastly, forget all the benefits if ur going to any college for post graduate certificate program.
NOT ALWAYS TRUE