+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Application/ Selected the wrong answer.

David417

Jun 27, 2015
Hello all,
When answering the Questionnaire (online) to determine which documents we will need to provide, I had a mistake. They asked:
"Has your family member visited or lived in one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year? I said " NO". It was wrong. I should said " YES" and we need a medical exam.
I had already submitted the application. I have tried to do another Questionnaire and this time I said "YES" but I saw there is no different in the document checklist between two cases "Yes" and "No".
So what should I do now please advise? Does the CIC will consider my answer in the Questionnaire? Or will They ask my wife for a medical exam no matter I had answered "Yes" or " No"?
Thanks for your time!

musekeeh

Oct 5, 2015
hi. did the same exact mistake. now i dont know what to do. i am hoping your application went well and have a positive decision. id like to know what happened so it can give me an idea what to do next..

thanks!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

David417 said:
Hello all,
When answering the Questionnaire (online) to determine which documents we will need to provide, I had a mistake. They asked:
"Has your family member visited or lived in one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year? I said " NO". It was wrong. I should said " YES" and we need a medical exam.
I had already submitted the application. I have tried to do another Questionnaire and this time I said "YES" but I saw there is no different in the document checklist between two cases "Yes" and "No".
So what should I do now please advise? Does the CIC will consider my answer in the Questionnaire? Or will They ask my wife for a medical exam no matter I had answered "Yes" or " No"?
Thanks for your time!

That question is relevant if your family members are accompanying you to Canada.

mrs.majid

Dec 5, 2015
i also applied for open work permit as my husband is in canada on study permit but it get refused.. i want to know if i can apply for visitor visa now? or i have to apply the same one again?