+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not accompanying

roses

Jul 15, 2011
I'm new here, I have been going through some help topics and discussion in the forum and find it helpful.

I am FSW main applicant and my husband is included in my application. Will informing CIC that my spouse wont be accompanying me have a delay in my application. I have gone through interview and currently waiting for medicals and now my husband is making big problem with me. What do u think CIC will require me to do in this case.

Pls seniors reply!

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if he is not accompanying you, he needs to go through medicals or you have to prove that you are seperated.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
roses said:
I'm new here, I have been going through some help topics and discussion in the forum and find it helpful.

I am FSW main applicant and my husband is included in my application. Will informing CIC that my spouse wont be accompanying me have a delay in my application. I have gone through interview and currently waiting for medicals and now my husband is making big problem with me. What do u think CIC will require me to do in this case.

Pls seniors reply!
The main question is - do you need your husband to accrue enough points (i.e his contribution towards the adaptability section to get 67)? If so, then you are not eligible to emmigrate to Canada without him!

If you accrue enough points on your own, then I do not see a major problem - you need to inform the visa office that you wish to remove him from the application, they may (probably will) ask you to complete some new forms. You will need to show you are separate from your husband.

Best to clear the air now with visa office, this way you won't have to go to the expense of medicals for your husband etc.

Wayne.

roses

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks,

I dont need him to accrue points. I have gone trhough the stages without him, just added him few months ago to my application since we just got married. But i have regreted this.

My next question is, if I say he is accompanying me now, do you think CIC will require his consent?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
roses said:
Thanks,

I dont need him to accrue points. I have gone trhough the stages without him, just added him few months ago to my application since we just got married. But i have regreted this.

My next question is, if I say he is accompanying me now, do you think CIC will require his consent?
As long as you are married your husband has to do all the formalities viz, filling up of forms, medicals, PCCs, etc. except payment of RPRF, though no formal consent is required.

rgyb0816

Jan 18, 2011
Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thommo said:
As long as you are married your husband has to do all the formalities viz, filling up of forms, medicals, PCCs, etc. except payment of RPRF, though no formal consent is required.
i have almost the same problem w/ rose but in our case, me and my husband decided it would be best for him and the children to stay and let me go ahead and when i am able to have a good job already, they will follow....my question is, do i have to include them in the application fees more so that i have accrued points from my husband's education/degree?

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
rgyb0816 said:
i have almost the same problem w/ rose but in our case, me and my husband decided it would be best for him and the children to stay and let me go ahead and when i am able to have a good job already, they will follow....my question is, do i have to include them in the application fees more so that i have accrued points from my husband's education/degree?
Yes..(answered on the other thread)

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rgyb0816 said:

Yes, it will be good to add them to your application. You can sponsor them anytime when you land in Canada. At this point we have to also consider the children and always think about them also. For those who have kids we are mainly working for them now.

Hope it helps.

rgyb0816

Jan 18, 2011
Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
Yes, it will be good to add them to your application. You can sponsor them anytime when you land in Canada. At this point we have to also consider the children and always think about them also. For those who have kids we are mainly working for them now.

Hope it helps.
thanks :)....due to financial constraints that's why me and my husband opted to have their names under "not accompanying"...but because of this info i got recently, which i missed reading from the guide, we have no choice already but to include my hubby and kids...changed my application form already and hopefully will send this tomorrow...:)

mybhabyu

Nov 22, 2010
rgyb0816 said:
Hi...kumusta na application mo?
hi ruby,

pareho tayo ng case,ngaply ako ng pr under live in caregiver last april 2010,hindi ko ininclude ang asawa ko sa aplication ko...is this a good idea or not??should i add him in my pr aplication??

thanks;))

mybhabyu

Nov 22, 2010
ankit_20 said:
Even if he is not accompanying you, he needs to go through medicals or you have to prove that you are seperated.
hi there,

just wanna ask if the application form for non accompanying and accompanying for spouse are the same???

thanks;))