+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse name in PPR email

@omkarindia

Sep 29, 2017
Hi guys,

This might be a dumb question, but I would love if someone shed some light on my query below;

I and my wife had applied through EE and got the PPR email yesterday. My wife is the primary applicant and I am the accompanying spouse. I have paid the EE Fees and RPRF upfront for both of us ($2080)

Now the PPR email, only contains the name, UCI number of the primary applicant and does not mention my name or UCI anywhere in the email.

Is this normal? If not, what should be my course of action?

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Yes. IRCC only addresses to the principal applicant and never to the accompanying family. Unless there is some sort of information required to be provided by the spouse to IRCC. Nothing to worry about and congrats!!

Reactions: Shruti1107
Apr 12, 2018
Hello,
-I received my PPR (Request for Passport) on 9th April 2018. My application with documents was submitted on 25th of December 2017.
-I added my wife as dependent in application on March 11th 2018 with all the required documents as we got married on 03rd Feb 2018. She was added later as I had already sent my application.
-I just received PPR by my name, not mentioning my wife anywhere in the letter (email) from Delhi High Commission.
-I would like to know what should be done in such circumstances?
-My wife also did not receive any medical request!
-I have also put up an enquiry email with IRCC. How long do they usually take to reply back as the letter states that I have to submit my passport within 30 days?
-Is it possible that I can submit my passport to the high commission and she would get another letter by her name?
Please advise. Need an expert advise as I do not want to misrepresent any information.

yyuvaraj60

Nov 17, 2017
Hello,
-I received my PPR (Request for Passport) on 9th April 2018. My application with documents was submitted on 25th of December 2017.
-I added my wife as dependent in application on March 11th 2018 with all the required documents as we got married on 03rd Feb 2018. She was added later as I had already sent my application.
-I just received PPR by my name, not mentioning my wife anywhere in the letter (email) from Delhi High Commission.
-I would like to know what should be done in such circumstances?
-My wife also did not receive any medical request!
-I have also put up an enquiry email with IRCC. How long do they usually take to reply back as the letter states that I have to submit my passport within 30 days?
-Is it possible that I can submit my passport to the high commission and she would get another letter by her name?
Please advise. Need an expert advise as I do not want to misrepresent any information.
Hi yuvaraj here! I am in the same boat but dnt received the ppr nor spouse is added in the application, so what happened next ? Did NDVO added or replied ?

Kavita#1990

Apr 5, 2019
Hi yuvaraj here! I am in the same boat but dnt received the ppr nor spouse is added in the application, so what happened next ? Did NDVO added or replied ?
Hi Yuvraj/Prateek,
Did you submit your and your wife's passport?
My husband(primary applicant) received PPR mail today without my name. What you did in this situation .
Thanks in advance.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi Yuvraj/Prateek,
Did you submit your and your wife's passport?
My husband(primary applicant) received PPR mail today without my name. What you did in this situation .
Thanks in advance.
Guys, you won't see the spouse/children name in the PPR mail. just send both passports. Don't overthink. They only address Primary applicant,not the dependents.

Kavita#1990

Apr 5, 2019
Guys, you won't see the spouse/children name in the PPR mail. just send both passports. Don't overthink. They only address Primary applicant,not the dependents.
Thanks dsinghd for your quick reply. Today we are going submit passports.

Deshnashah

May 20, 2020
Hi Guys,

My husband had applied for PR and he received a ppr request naming - For dependent spouse residing in India. The letter had his name, I had applied for Sowp as when I applied he was on work permit . The letter had his name, my UCI number and his application number. We are confused as to what should we do.

p.s- Though he had applied for non accompanying spouse, he had received medical and biometric request for me , which I did and which were later on updated in his file.

Later after 2 days he received his PR card , but we are confused, whether this ppr letter is for me ( I am residing in India). Please help should I consider it as my ppr ? I also received a refusal on my sowp a week later after this ppr request.
Please Help.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Before PPR email, we can see dependent name in primary applicant' account..am i right?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hii yuvraj..both of you are in India? I am in same situation like you..i am already in Canada and had submitted documents of spouse ( present in india).. i received PPR email from NDVO only for myself..my spouse is still not in my account.