+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse married to Canadian 8 years with several kids refused TRV even with no intent on staying

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I have a friend who is in a situation where he is married for 8 years and have kids with his spouse. The spouse wasn’t able to move to Canada due to her not having full commitment with the PR requirement. She has to take care of her sick grandparent( cancer). The Canadian parents wanted to see the kids , and never seen them. Isn’t it common sense that if the couple really wanted to move to Canada they wouldve applied for sponsorship all those years . The reasons were purpose of stay, travel history , and ties in Canada and home country . So are they forcing her to apply for pr knowing she will leave as soon as she arrives ? I understand if they are newly married . Note: No sponsorship application has been filed before this trv. Any thoughts ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The friend has PR and never applied to sponsor wife and kids. Were they not included in his application years ago (medical)? Now family wants to visit and can’t get visitor visas. He needs to apply for sponsorship as he has had years to do it. His spouse and kids will have difficulty (impossible) to get visitor visas because he is PR. His family can’t prove they will leave Canada because he is PR.

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I mean he (Husband)was born in Canada, and raised all his life in Canada. The reason they didn’t come was because the spouse wasn’t committed in fulfilling the PR requirements of living in Canada due to personal reasons that I mentioned above. The citizen parents now want to see their grandchildren so she wants to bring the children which are Canadians to their grandparents for a visit. So isn’t it reasonable to believe that if they had intent overstaying the visit that they would’ve applied for PR loooong time ago . Why couldn’t the officer believe them. It’s not like they got married recently. The Husband could’ve applied for sponsorship within those 8 years if he really wanted them to live in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean he (Husband)was born in Canada, and raised all his life in Canada. The reason they didn’t come was because the spouse wasn’t committed in fulfilling the PR requirements of living in Canada due to personal reasons that I mentioned above. The citizen parents now want to see their grandchildren so she wants to bring the children which are Canadians to their grandparents for a visit. So isn’t it reasonable to believe that if they had intent overstaying the visit that they would’ve applied for PR loooong time ago . Why couldn’t the officer believe them. It’s not like they got married recently. The Husband could’ve applied for sponsorship within those 8 years if he really wanted them to live in Canada.
So his kids are Canadian then. Why are they applying for visitor visas? Has he been living with her and the kids all these years? If so, he could have sponsored his wife years ago, and given he is a citizen, her time together with him may have counted towards her PR.

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
He was working in Canada. He kept visiting her on and off several times a year to the country that she resides. She is only applying for visitor visa because she can’t travel to Canada. The kids can though as they are Canadians.

So are you saying that the time they stay together can be counted towards PR even if it isn’t in Canada ?
As I said she didn’t want to travel to Canada because she was taking care of her grandmother that raised her that was diagnosed with cancer . She was emotionally attached.

thank you for your time !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He was working in Canada. He kept visiting her on and off several times a year to the country that she resides. She is only applying for visitor visa because she can’t travel to Canada. The kids can though as they are Canadians.

So are you saying that the time they stay together can be counted towards PR even if it isn’t in Canada ?
As I said she didn’t want to travel to Canada because she was taking care of her grandmother that raised her that was diagnosed with cancer . She was emotionally attached.

thank you for your time !
He needs to sponsor her and could have done years ago. Sponsorship takes about a year.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
He needs to sponsor her and could have done years ago. Sponsorship takes about a year.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10
Thank you but it says that he has to be working for a Canadian business or government ?
The reason why he didn’t apply for a sponsorship was because he thought that he had to show that his spouse had to intent on staying in Canada . Are you saying just he doesn’t have to work for a Canadian business or the government when he is abroad ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you but it says that he has to be working for a Canadian business or government ?
The reason why he didn’t apply for a sponsorship was because he thought that he had to show that his spouse had to intent on staying in Canada . Are you saying just he doesn’t have to work for a Canadian business or the government when he is abroad ?
Would assume there unusual marriage arrangement is also causing concerns How much time do they spend together as a family in a year? Why can't the grandparents go and visit the grandchildren. How long are you wanting to go visit and who would care for the grandmother with cancer? How many children do they have? Have you ordered GCMS notes to know exactly why you were denied?