+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse is pregnant, Received ITA, Submitted documents except x-ray

rajsrini

Mar 25, 2018
I'm the primary applicant and spouse due date on Jan 2019. We got ITA, and called the panel physician, they mentioned X-Ray can't be done for my pregnant spouse and they will give a upload a form to CIC with pregnancy details and not perform X-Ray. But it will be with CIC to make the decision.

Please advise what should we expect from CIC. Anyone with similar situation please advise.

Note: We are in Canada and applying for CEC.
Im in same situation as well. Expected delivery date is Jan 2019 end. We mentioned the same to Panel physician that we don't want to take xray for wife. She just noted on file that "applicant not keen on xray". Then we got a single page eMedical sheet for each of us, and we have uploaded the same in eAPR. My AOR is Oct 4th 2018.

So i understand that my application will go on hold..but the main question is - will the processing be stopped until xray is submitted in February 2019 or other verification process will be carried out in parallel? Because this will decide the total time frame. If they give a total pause and resume after xray in Feb 2019, another 3 to 6 months after that..

@rajkselv pls do update this thread if you get any updates to your application in this regard.

planetearth

Oct 1, 2018
Hi @rajsrini and @rajkselv ,

I am in the same boat (CEC Inland) &
Due date around Jan 2019.

No change at all since a month after AOR.

Hopefully they will start Background Check at least. Have a long way for MEP.

How long time do they provide (after baby is born) to submit Mother's Chest X-Ray and Baby's Passport? since it is going to take at least 2 months to make a PP for baby, I assume.

Please update. Thanks.

vasu.sap1212

Jun 28, 2018
Im in same situation as well. Expected delivery date is Jan 2019 end. We mentioned the same to Panel physician that we don't want to take xray for wife. She just noted on file that "applicant not keen on xray". Then we got a single page eMedical sheet for each of us, and we have uploaded the same in eAPR. My AOR is Oct 4th 2018.

So i understand that my application will go on hold..but the main question is - will the processing be stopped until xray is submitted in February 2019 or other verification process will be carried out in parallel? Because this will decide the total time frame. If they give a total pause and resume after xray in Feb 2019, another 3 to 6 months after that..

@rajkselv pls do update this thread if you get any updates to your application in this regard.
CIC will not hold your application. They will continue processing except medical. Once everything is done then they can hold until x-ray received. In my case I have submitted my application on 30 July with pregnancy deferral letter(Due date - 05 Nov). On 18 Nov I received a letter to update new dependent child information who was born in Canada. I submitted new born baby information along with Birth certificate. I also submitted my wife's xay through web form. After 1 week , medical status changed as Passed. Before that my status was Eligibility - Recommend Pass, Medical - Review in progress, BG - Criminality in progress and Security is not started. As of now 4 months 4 days completed, waiting for PPR.

Reactions: astraldust

planetearth

Oct 1, 2018
CIC will not hold your application. They will continue processing except medical. Once everything is done then they can hold until x-ray received. In my case I have submitted my application on 30 July with pregnancy deferral letter(Due date - 05 Nov). On 18 Nov I received a letter to update new dependent child information who was born in Canada. I submitted new born baby information along with Birth certificate. I also submitted my wife's xay through web form. After 1 week , medical status changed as Passed. Before that my status was Eligibility - Recommend Pass, Medical - Review in progress, BG - Criminality in progress and Security is not started. As of now 4 months 4 days completed, waiting for PPR.
Thank you @vasu.sap1212 for sharing your story. Much appreciated !

Raghav188

Dec 14, 2018
How long time do they provide (after baby is born) to submit Mother's Chest X-Ray and Baby's Passport? since it is going to take at least 2 months to make a PP for baby, I assume.

Pls can someone update on this.

planetearth

Oct 1, 2018

Pls can someone update on this.
So far, reading from this forum, most cases 30 days. However, if you need more time you can request CIC & I don’t see any reason they won’t extend that date.

Good Luck Raghav !!

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
HI,

i got the same situation and we submitted x ray after birth of baby in Feb 2017.

You just need to submit your medical results along with a deferral letter given by medical doctor.

let me know if u need more info.
Hi, we are in the same situation. But I am the main applicant and not my wife. Is it possible that they continue processing my application and just hold my spouse's process or all of them will be on hold? If so, after we complete her medical, how long does it take our application to be completed? I mean after her results, it is just the beginning of the pr process or it does not take so long? Thank you so much.

Reactions: Rapri

Rapri

Oct 29, 2019
After child born, do we only need Birth Certificate of new born or Passport also required?
**CEC inland, Baby to be born in canada.

vasu.sap1212

Jun 28, 2018
After child born, do we only need Birth Certificate of new born or Passport also required?
**CEC inland, Baby to be born in canada.
Birth Certificate definitely required for child benefits and others. Passport can be applied any time. For PR, nothing will be asked of the child born in Canada