+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse inland sponsorship application

Kpkkk

Dec 6, 2022
Good day I just wanted to ask if police certificate is needed for my application if my spouse has been in Canada for the past 4 years.

Kpkkk

Dec 6, 2022
Am applying for my spouse who has been in Canada since 2018 on study permit so I wanted to ask if I would have to provide a police certificate

Kpkkk

Dec 6, 2022
Thanks for the reply but you said this …….(If your spouse is the applicant, a PCC is needed for any/all countries where your spouse resided/lived for 6 months or longer since age 18 ) but she clocked 18 in Canada and not her country of origin

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply but you said this …….(If your spouse is the applicant, a PCC is needed for any/all countries where your spouse resided/lived for 6 months or longer since age 18 ) but she clocked 18 in Canada and not her country of origin
Right. Doesn't 18 come after 17?

Again, check the link and read through everything (especially for spousal sponsorship applications) to see if that's still the case. It used to be 18, but I have no idea if that has changed, sorry.

What country is she from?

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

Kpkkk

Dec 6, 2022
1 more question if you don’t mind …. Can we submit her application now cause she’s presently on maintained status waiting for her study permit extension just asking if we can put in her application for permanent resident or you advice us to wait till she gets that then we submit for pr application

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 more question if you don’t mind …. Can we submit her application now cause she’s presently on maintained status waiting for her study permit extension just asking if we can put in her application for permanent resident or you advice us to wait till she gets that then we submit for pr application
Absolutely. Send it now if you have everything needed to do so...including the patience that is needed during the process! LOL!

If you're submitting an Inland application, she will be eligible to apply for an Open Work permit as soon as she receives AOR, because she is under Maintained Status now.

Have you considered submitting an Outland application (which many submit even though they are in Canada)? There's no OWP available, but the process may be faster, depending on her country of origin.

Kpkkk

Dec 6, 2022
Thanks I have everything ready just the police certificate is the only thing I wanted to verify

Kpkkk

Dec 6, 2022
Right. Doesn't 18 come after 17?

Again, check the link and read through everything (especially for spousal sponsorship applications) to see if that's still the case. It used to be 18, but I have no idea if that has changed, sorry.

What country is she from?
She is Nigerian