+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse in CEC application

jasonsmart

Feb 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have two things that I'm not so sure about, hope I can get some help from u guys :)

My wife and I just got married in Canada while her visiting me on her vacation. She lives in China, and will have to go back to China in two weeks. She holds a multi-entry visitor visa.
I'm two months away from being qualified for CEC application, this is my 10th month working after my graduation.

Question 1:
Will her living in China but I living in Canada be a problem to my CEC application?
What I actually wanna ask is that during our application, is she free to visit Canada as she has a multi-entry visitor visa?
Or she better stay put during my CEC application?

Question 2:
I can now sponsor her for an open work permit since we are married couple. Since her status will be changed from visitor to foreign worker after she gets the open work permit, is she gonna have to apply for another visa (work visa) to enter Canada instead of keeping her current mult-entry visitor visa?

Please give me some information. I will be truly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :-*

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
jasonsmart said:
Hi everyone,

I have two things that I'm not so sure about, hope I can get some help from u guys :)

My wife and I just got married in Canada while her visiting me on her vacation. She lives in China, and will have to go back to China in two weeks. She holds a multi-entry visitor visa.
I'm two months away from being qualified for CEC application, this is my 10th month working after my graduation.

Question 1:
Will her living in China but I living in Canada be a problem to my CEC application?
What I actually wanna ask is that during our application, is she free to visit Canada as she has a multi-entry visitor visa?
Or she better stay put during my CEC application?
She is free to visit as she already has the visitor visa. Although she will have to convince the border officials that she will leave Canada soon. Can be done with a valid return ticket etc.

Question 2:
I can now sponsor her for an open work permit since we are married couple. Since her status will be changed from visitor to foreign worker after she gets the open work permit, is she gonna have to apply for another visa (work visa) to enter Canada instead of keeping her current mult-entry visitor visa?
My advice to you, is to apply for her work permit before you apply for CEC. Once you get your AOR, it is pretty much certain that you will not be getting the work permit or any visa for your spouse, if she isn't already in Canada.
Please give me some information. I will be truly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :-*
See inline in RED.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

Ok, this is actually more than 2 questions.

Q: Will her living in China but I living in Canada be a problem to my CEC application?
A: No, she can stay in China; you will provide her current residence address on the application form.

Q: What I actually wanna ask is that during our application, is she free to visit Canada as she has a multi-entry visitor visa? Or she better stay put during my CEC application?
A: If she is travelling on an already issued visa you should have no problems, I had dependents travel to Canada even though we had an application submitted. You may be required to prove she will leave Canada; this can be done showing a return flight ticket.

Q: I can now sponsor her for an open work permit since we are married couple. Since her status will be changed from visitor to foreign worker after she gets the open work permit, is she going to have to apply for another visa (work visa) to enter Canada instead of keeping her current mult-entry visitor visa?
A: if you apply and receive approval for a spousal open work permit then she will have to apply for and receive the open work permit. This will replace the multi-entry visa she currently has. You should do this before you apply for your residency. I assume you are a temporary foreign worker (TFW)?

Thx

A

jasonsmart

Feb 24, 2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Ok, this is actually more than 2 questions.

Q: Will her living in China but I living in Canada be a problem to my CEC application?
A: No, she can stay in China; you will provide her current residence address on the application form.

Q: What I actually wanna ask is that during our application, is she free to visit Canada as she has a multi-entry visitor visa? Or she better stay put during my CEC application?
A: If she is travelling on an already issued visa you should have no problems, I had dependents travel to Canada even though we had an application submitted. You may be required to prove she will leave Canada; this can be done showing a return flight ticket.

Q: I can now sponsor her for an open work permit since we are married couple. Since her status will be changed from visitor to foreign worker after she gets the open work permit, is she going to have to apply for another visa (work visa) to enter Canada instead of keeping her current mult-entry visitor visa?
A: if you apply and receive approval for a spousal open work permit then she will have to apply for and receive the open work permit. This will replace the multi-entry visa she currently has. You should do this before you apply for your residency. I assume you are a temporary foreign worker (TFW)?

Thx

A
Thanks a lot for your answers. Yes, I'm a foreign worker right now. I went to University in Canada, graduated and started working since Sep. 2013.