+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse-in-Canada Class: application numbers, forms, etc.

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
My partner arrived as a visitor and within 24 hours has already received two "IMM___" documents, which together have four different numbers listed (two were underlined by CBSA officer) -- will we need to include any of these numbers on the sponsorship application?

here's the gist of what he's received:
1. at port of entry, he received a coloured paper that says IMM1442B at the bottom. At the top right corner it has, in red letters, an alphanumeric string starting with two letters (grouped into three sequences). Directly under that is a alphanumber that starts with a single letter and underlined by CBSA officer.

2. a little lower down, there is an "application" alphanumber (not underlined), followed by a "UCI/IUC" number (which was also underlined).

the next day, by email, he received a digital single-page document (PDF) that says in the bottom corner "IMM 5754" -- this PDF is basically all black and white, simple, but includes two barcodes on it (?) and it has my partner's foreign address at the top. And it includes 3 of the four previous numbers (the document number, application, and UCI). It then says "A secure document has been mailed to you... if you have not received [it] within six weeks contact IRCC." We haven't received it yet (or is it going to the foreign address?)

I'm also curious what "case type: ##" (two digit number) refers to?

Last edited: