+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse has been working for 2+ years in Canada, but no points gained

PepperAnn

Apr 6, 2016
Hi All,

My spouse canadian work experience point is 0 which is unbelievable.
My wife obtained a master degree from a Canadian university and has been working since 2013 Nov. Here is her work history
Nov 2013 - Aug 2014, worked for employer A, NOC code is 2173.
Sep 2014 - present, worked for employer B as a manager, NOC code is 0213.

I understand that the two positions may not be considered as consecutive because she got a promotion and the NOC codes are different. But at least she has been working in the last position for more than one year. It should be at least 5 points. But it is 0. Is this a bug of the CRS? Can someone explain to me the reason? Thanks in advance.

PepperAnn

Apr 6, 2016
I am wondering whether I entered some info wrong resulting my wife's working experience points does not count. But we have double-checked everything. It seems everything is correct now. Can someone help me?

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
PepperAnn said:
I am wondering whether I entered some info wrong resulting my wife's working experience points does not count. But we have double-checked everything. It seems everything is correct now. Can someone help me?
2 differents NOC and the first employment was not for a year.

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kpangalopes said:
2 differents NOC and the first employment was not for a year.
The second employment is for more than a year and he is saying that she didn't get points even for that.

I have no idea why this would happen though.

PepperAnn

Apr 6, 2016
Just received the ITA letter. There are 7 points for my wife's work experience on the ITA letter though. So I think they have counted the first job experience as well. Somehow the CRS system still shows 0 points, weird :'(

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PepperAnn said:
Just received the ITA letter. There are 7 points for my wife's work experience on the ITA letter though. So I think they have counted the first job experience as well. Somehow the CRS system still shows 0 points, weird :'(
That's great, congratulations.
Very weird that it showed the wrong points though.

And yeah it should count all work experience, doesn't matter how long.
Good luck on the immigration process!