Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
Lolly1810 said:
wala pa ung visa nya. plan namin na pumunta n cya ng CEM by wednesday kpg hindi p rin dumating ng tuesday.
you go to CEM and they reward you another month or two free stay in the philippines lol.

batesmotel

Feb 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28th 2011
File Transfer...
October 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5th, 2011
Interview........
Hopefully not required
Passport Req..
December 15, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting, waiting and more waiting....
Enchalata said:
Hello to everyone,

I've been watching the forums here for quite some time with great interest. Happy to see so many people get their visa's without too much trouble.

I have more of a question for anyone who has travelled to Canada from Manila with a stopover in Japan.
We have a Decision Made as of 1 week ago (still waiting to see what the decision is, papers haven't been delivered yet), however, assuming all is well I wanted to know if a transit visa is needed if she stopped over in Japan on her Philippine passport?
I can't seem to get an answer from the Japanese government sites and I'd rather fly my wife through Japan since Hong Kong seems rediculously over priced these days.

I know that in Hong Kong there is no visa required....but I am not sure about Japan....

BTW....what is the price difference if one stops over in Japan rather than Hong Kong?

Let me know....thanks....

I can get a Cathay Pacific flight from Toronto that stops over in Hong Kong for approx CAD $1200 + $350 surcharges....but only when travelling certain months (ie... January or February)

Greg Bates

PS Congrats on the quick processing time in order to bring your wife home to Canada....

Temp

Aug 18, 2011
batesmotel said:
I'm not sure what the normal processing time is ...for The Philippines....but I can tell you this....they have more red tape that Canada does!

We first had to go to Cenomar (or NSO? I can't remember) to make sure I don't have any other wives or obligations there in PH....Normally that takes 5 working days, but my wife's sister in law knows someone who knows someone at the Cenomar office....we got that done in 1 day...Thank the lord! Then, I had to present my divorce papers to the Canadian Consulate in Cebu....that when smoothly.....Then, we had to present my "eligibility to marry" to the the city hall in Larena, Siquijor 10 working days before our marriage, in order for them to give us a marriage license...

So...I had to get to Cebu 3 weeks before our marriage...Chi-Ching $$ no pay from my work in those three weeks! lol. Anyways, so we get married....honeymoon...I return home to Toronto.

Then my wife Lyle (pronounced "Lylee" ...btw, everyone thinks I married a guy...lol...) must take a boat to Dumaguete to "Authenticate" our marriage at the NSO office and also get a police check. The marriage authentication took over 1 month to process. So.we wait the 1 month to get NSO authentication. Then, Lylee takes another boat Back to Cebu (10 hour boat trip) in order to present to the passport office (in Cebu) the NSO marriage authentication...The amendment to Lylee's passport took another 45 days to process. After that, Lylee got her medical exam (very fast....two appointments....only took 3 days from the time she received her passport amendment). Lylee gathers all the docs and couriers them to me here in Toronto. .... Whew! I am exhausted just typing down all the running around...I feel sorry for my poor wife....

So all in all, it took us 3 1/2 months of running around and waiting in PH to get married and to gather all the docs needed before we could submit our application....

So, please tell me...is that the normal routine for everyone out there?

Anyways, it is all done except for the waiting now.....Lylee is worth it....But it does astound me how difficult and expensive the whole process is....I never could have realized, when I first met Lylee online 1 year ago, how many hurdles and hoops we would have to jump over/through to get this completed....

All for love...I am sure in 20 years we will look back at this and laugh...nothing worthwhile is ever easy!

Greg

PS Thanks for the tips about the mail service...btw what is "guide on caips notes" ?
Normal, yes. And worse.

Well sorta worse. As if recall the law in PH is 10 waiting period. My wife and I waited the full 10 days, it was actually longer. 15 days cause we had wait til there was room as well.

So, on your comment about not working. I know that feeling. I spent about month. But it was worth it.

Before we started we checked these forums and other places. There have been cases where couples didn't follow the law, wait 10 days, and their visa was declined cause in canada marriage was invalid. So just keep that in mind.

We were married in Jan, didn't get file until april. Since we wait for NSO etc... then courier all to canada, just send it all back to Manila :)

If you look back about 10-15 Pages there is link for it. I never did it, cause I didn't think it was worth it. But because where your wife lives, I think it would be for you.

I think it takes a month or so to get those notes after you request it. But it could be worth it in your case, cause mail really sucks in parts. I've heard stories where cic sent request for PPR but local post office never sent the letter or told person the letter was there.

Temp

Aug 18, 2011
ITO E OPEN MO YUNG MGA LINK AT FILL APAN MO

Two parts ito:

The applicant in the Philipines fills this up:
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Then, the person in Canada applies for the CAIPS note using this form:
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

Then mail both forms with $5 check paid to the Receiver General of Canada to one of these:
cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-address.asp

Pero I sent it to this address:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512

I cut and pasted this from previous reply. but you can also do search at top. might find out more information. someone also posted full link, but I couldn't find it.

Temp

Aug 18, 2011
Enchalata said:
Hello to everyone,

I've been watching the forums here for quite some time with great interest. Happy to see so many people get their visa's without too much trouble.

I have more of a question for anyone who has travelled to Canada from Manila with a stopover in Japan.
We have a Decision Made as of 1 week ago (still waiting to see what the decision is, papers haven't been delivered yet), however, assuming all is well I wanted to know if a transit visa is needed if she stopped over in Japan on her Philippine passport?
I can't seem to get an answer from the Japanese government sites and I'd rather fly my wife through Japan since Hong Kong seems rediculously over priced these days.

Aside from that, her timeline thus far is as follows:

Submitted to Missisauga March 8th
Approved sponsor and forwarded to Manila April 12th
Received Passport request May 4th (letter was dated April 20)
Mailed Passport request in May 10th
Medical results received June 14th
In process August 4th
Received letter August 13th (dated for july 28th) that they needed a police report from UAE which we already sent
Wife visited Embassy in person August 15th explaining it was sent in the package
Embassy found the paper and proceeded to process
DM August 25th
Still waiting for letter/visa to show up

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever been rejected without an interview? (hate waiting for a letter to show up)

Thanks in advance
When I checked, there isn't need but I can't tell you 100% for sure, like you. I couldn't get answer either.

My wife is going Manila -> TW -> Vancouver (China Airlines) then WestJest from Van -> Toronto

I would have rather her flown Cathway, as I like them. But the cost right now is very high.

China Airlines to Vancouver was pretty low.

batesmotel

Feb 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28th 2011
File Transfer...
October 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5th, 2011
Interview........
Hopefully not required
Passport Req..
December 15, 2011
LANDED..........
Temp said:
ITO E OPEN MO YUNG MGA LINK AT FILL APAN MO

Two parts ito:

The applicant in the Philipines fills this up:
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Then, the person in Canada applies for the CAIPS note using this form:
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

Then mail both forms with $5 check paid to the Receiver General of Canada to one of these:
cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-address.asp

Pero I sent it to this address:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512

I cut and pasted this from previous reply. but you can also do search at top. might find out more information. someone also posted full link, but I couldn't find it.
Thanks so much for the info!!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
batesmotel said:
I'm not sure what the normal processing time is ...for The Philippines....but I can tell you this....they have more red tape that Canada does!

We first had to go to Cenomar (or NSO? I can't remember) to make sure I don't have any other wives or obligations there in PH....Normally that takes 5 working days, but my wife's sister in law knows someone who knows someone at the Cenomar office....we got that done in 1 day...Thank the lord! Then, I had to present my divorce papers to the Canadian Consulate in Cebu....that when smoothly.....Then, we had to present my "eligibility to marry" to the the city hall in Larena, Siquijor 10 working days before our marriage, in order for them to give us a marriage license...

So...I had to get to Cebu 3 weeks before our marriage...Chi-Ching $$ no pay from my work in those three weeks! lol. Anyways, so we get married....honeymoon...I return home to Toronto.

Then my wife Lyle (pronounced "Lylee" ...btw, everyone thinks I married a guy...lol...) must take a boat to Dumaguete to "Authenticate" our marriage at the NSO office and also get a police check. The marriage authentication took over 1 month to process. So.we wait the 1 month to get NSO authentication. Then, Lylee takes another boat Back to Cebu (10 hour boat trip) in order to present to the passport office (in Cebu) the NSO marriage authentication...The amendment to Lylee's passport took another 45 days to process. After that, Lylee got her medical exam (very fast....two appointments....only took 3 days from the time she received her passport amendment). Lylee gathers all the docs and couriers them to me here in Toronto. .... Whew! I am exhausted just typing down all the running around...I feel sorry for my poor wife....

So all in all, it took us 3 1/2 months of running around and waiting in PH to get married and to gather all the docs needed before we could submit our application....

So, please tell me...is that the normal routine for everyone out there?

Anyways, it is all done except for the waiting now.....Lylee is worth it....But it does astound me how difficult and expensive the whole process is....I never could have realized, when I first met Lylee online 1 year ago, how many hurdles and hoops we would have to jump over/through to get this completed....

All for love...I am sure in 20 years we will look back at this and laugh...nothing worthwhile is ever easy!

Greg

PS Thanks for the tips about the mail service...btw what is "guide on caips notes" ?
Yes it is normal :) The trips and all :)

But you both could have save a lot of trips and time if you just ordered your NSO Online :) And marriage certificate Online took me two weeks only.

As for marriage license, ten days is normal process. All our papers were complete before he arrived for our wedding, the only thing that was lacking was the Capacity to Marry but right after he arrived

Met my husband three years ago, and then with that period, he made a couple of trips, nothing is inexpensive in long distance relationship ;)

Finally after two years of knowing each other, we got married and then he petitioned me. I applied last May 18 and after 3 months, got DM and now my visa is on hand :)

Our case is pretty straightforward. The only thing I was worried when we passed our application is that we cannot show them chat logs between 2008-2010. And we do not have phone bills as proof, we never used postpaid plan to call each other :)

Good luck on your application and cheers :) Manila is fast with their response. The only thing is that for Sponsor approval, it already takes 60 days, unlike in our time, it was only 30 days.

Again, good luck and congratulations on your new marriage :) Cheers!!!!

batesmotel

Feb 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28th 2011
File Transfer...
October 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5th, 2011
Interview........
Hopefully not required
Passport Req..
December 15, 2011
LANDED..........
sthomas said:
Yes it is normal :) The trips and all :)

But you both could have save a lot of trips and time if you just ordered your NSO Online :) And marriage certificate Online took me two weeks only.

As for marriage license, ten days is normal process. All our papers were complete before he arrived for our wedding, the only thing that was lacking was the Capacity to Marry but right after he arrived

Met my husband three years ago, and then with that period, he made a couple of trips, nothing is inexpensive in long distance relationship ;)

Finally after two years of knowing each other, we got married and then he petitioned me. I applied last May 18 and after 3 months, got DM and now my visa is on hand :)

Our case is pretty straightforward. The only thing I was worried when we passed our application is that we cannot show them chat logs between 2008-2010. And we do not have phone bills as proof, we never used postpaid plan to call each other :)

Good luck on your application and cheers :) Manila is fast with their response. The only thing is that for Sponsor approval, it already takes 60 days, unlike in our time, it was only 30 days.

Again, good luck and congratulations on your new marriage :) Cheers!!!!
Wow! 3 years before getting married..you two must be very patient....Or perhaps I am very impatient, hehehe. Actually my wife was ready for marriage before the 1st visit, but I told her that was a little pre-mature....especially since my divorce papers had not been finalized!

Congrats to you and yours also!!

Greg

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
batesmotel said:
Wow! 3 years before getting married..you two must be very patient....Or perhaps I am very impatient, hehehe. Actually my wife was ready for marriage before the 1st visit, but I told her that was a little pre-mature....especially since my divorce papers had not been finalized!

Congrats to you and yours also!!

Greg
Not 3 years, we got married after 2 years and 4 months to be exact :)

Not bad, I was in nursing school at that time. We were engaged on our first meeting :)

Thanks and I am so glad that I am done with this Visa waiting thing....

Good luck to you!!!

MaRiPoSa18

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Praise the Lord!
LANDED..........
will be celebrating our anniversary together! :)
sthomas said:
Not 3 years, we got married after 2 years and 4 months to be exact :)

Not bad, I was in nursing school at that time. We were engaged on our first meeting :)

Thanks and I am so glad that I am done with this Visa waiting thing....

Good luck to you!!!
hehe...dont know if i should feel ashamed when i say, weve been steady for almost 8 years before we got married..lolz!!! :D ;D

prettyboy

Aug 3, 2011
baboo_2008 said:
Hi..ako din na late un PPR ko , i just got it last aug 26th via email.. nauna pa na ng in process status ko sa ecas...
@ bab00_2008 un selection mo ngsend kb ng copy sa cic or visa office man lang?

prettyboy

Aug 3, 2011
Enchalata said:
Hello to everyone,

Aside from that, her timeline thus far is as follows:

Submitted to Missisauga March 8th
Approved sponsor and forwarded to Manila April 12th
Received Passport request May 4th (letter was dated April 20)
Mailed Passport request in May 10th
Medical results received June 14th
In process August 4th
Received letter August 13th (dated for july 28th) that they needed a police report from UAE which we already sent
Wife visited Embassy in person August 15th explaining it was sent in the package
Embassy found the paper and proceeded to process
DM August 25th
Still waiting for letter/visa to show up

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever been rejected without an interview? (hate waiting for a letter to show up)

Thanks in advance
hi mostly stop over japan goes US too in dat case u really need a transit visa but if only japan straight to canada then u dont need it. as long as she wont go out from the airport.try manila to europe then europe to canada if u really want her to fly now,or if she cud wait then book her after sept.15 up price will go down specialy if during the weekdays.

baboo_2008

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2011
File Transfer...
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
26-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
crisetphil said:
hello baboo. pareho tayo quebec din ako..confused pa rin talaga ako. bakit csq mo nahuli i thought tapos nang approval nang sponsor eh yong csq for micc. by the way we not pass the form csq with my signature yet cause my hubby expecting a letter to recieved then attached lng nya yon csq application to micc.. hope u could share ur expereince. ok ba yon ginawa namin. we submitted our document aug 29, 2011. tnx
Bonjour Crisetphil!!!! you're right you have to attach the approval letter from CPC_M before submitting your Undertaking application to MICC.. FOr us we just printed the email they sent to my hubby then attached it wd the forms for MICC... Goodluck

baboo_2008

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2011
File Transfer...
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
26-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
prettyboy said:
@ bab00_2008 un selection mo ngsend kb ng copy sa cic or visa office man lang?
Hi prettyboy, oo ng fax ako ng copy right after i received my CSQ..

prettyboy

Aug 3, 2011
baboo_2008 said:
Hi prettyboy, oo ng fax ako ng copy right after i received my CSQ..
both offices ba kc nakalgay sa letter n we send a copy to cic nmn n kc so i didnt send na.ipafax q nga ngaun.tagal kc ng update eh.