Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
elle0506 said:
Oops, here's the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp
Thank you so much Sis elle0506

One more question , have you ever heard somebody said it is possible for new comers to memorize the Canadian anthem or somebody would ask such as: how many provinces in Canada?

Well i have no idea . I just heard somebody said or not sure if its for working abroad or studying .

elle0506

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014; received on 02-10-2014
AOR Received.
none; SA: 07-11-2014
File Transfer...
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 21-04-2015; DM: 24-04-2015; VOH: 11-05-2015
meyoutogether143 said:
Thank you so much Sis elle0506

One more question , have you ever heard somebody said it is possible for new comers to memorize the Canadian anthem or somebody would ask such as: how many provinces in Canada?

Well i have no idea . I just heard somebody said or not sure if its for working abroad or studying .
haha NO! pag ano yan magaapply ng citizenship dito kakanta sila ng Oh Canada sa huli hehe and yung how many provinces sa test din yan ng citizenship. Hindi naman ako tinanong nyan when I first came here 11 yrs ago...hehe

hannsetch

Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-06-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Hi guys, I have a question. I'm a newbie here.
Just confused about our application. Here's my case:
Hubby submitted our docs to CIC Mississauga on March 31, 2015. I tracked the package and it arrived on 1st week of April, and that was holiday because its Easter week. Until now, we dont receive emails from them. So, im confused if CIC already received our application.
Does it really takes a while? DOes it mean they havent received our application yet? Or they will just email us ONCE sponsorship is approved? But why do i read you guys timeline about APPLICATION RECEIVED? How long did it take? I hope someone will reply. Thanks! :)

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
elle0506 said:
haha NO! pag ano yan magaapply ng citizenship dito kakanta sila ng Oh Canada sa huli hehe and yung how many provinces sa test din yan ng citizenship. Hindi naman ako tinanong nyan when I first came here 11 yrs ago...hehe
Wow awesome . Thank you sis. I'll wait nalang for my turn.

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
hannsetch said:
Hubby submitted our docs to CIC Mississauga on March 31, 2015. I tracked the package and it arrived on 1st week of April, and that was holiday because its Easter week. Until now, we dont receive emails from them. So, im confused if CIC already received our application.
Does it really takes a while? DOes it mean they havent received our application yet? Or they will just email us ONCE sponsorship is approved? But why do i read you guys timeline about APPLICATION RECEIVED? How long did it take? I hope someone will reply. Thanks! :)

Hi sis ,

My husband sent our application to mississauga on 27th of october through expresspost and when i tracked it online it says application received on october 31st and it was friday. On november 3 , my husband received an email from cic that they received our application which is monday. Its really confusing but atleast it says application received. Some cases their application got lost.
Hope it helps.

hannsetch

Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-06-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
really? that was quick!
Do u have an idea how long does it takes them to email applicants? or it's just case to case basis? Not sure why other's app lost and how. But that is worriesome

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
hannsetch said:
really? that was quick!
Do u have an idea how long does it takes them to email applicants? or it's just case to case basis? Not sure why other's app lost and how. But that is worriesome
Others may have quicker replies than us.
Just checked your husband email add maybe it was there already.
Don't worry sis it will reply soon. So long you put a correct email add then you will have their answer soon.

Ganyan din ako dati.

Always ask here and you will find the answer.

superded

Apr 10, 2015
hannsetch said:
I sent them a few weeks before you. If you go on the CIC site they mention they are processing applications received in February.

We should get a first contact in a few weeks. Our files are on a pile waiting to be opened and processed.

Patience,

Cheers,

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to markath & Very Happywife;

My application was refused Dec 23, 2014 because my husband's divorce date was June 2013 while our marriage Nov 2012. It was my husband's mistake that before he did not check if their divorce was finalize. Huhuhu!!! :'( kaya tuloy eto dusa beauty ko!!! Lahat ulitin, pakasal uli para yung divorce date nya di na kokontra sa kasal namin. Right now, we are waiting for the immigration lawyer's call... Other's told me to apply as conjugal, eh di ko rin ma-gets kung pano yan, do we have to submit a marriage certificate pa if conjugal? basta wait muna namin sasabihin ni lawyer sa mister ko. To all of you, na may mga visa at sa mga waiting sa visa nila, congrats naunahan nyo pa ako!!! :p :p :p

MRS.L

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25,2015
Doc's Request.
PPR:Aug 20,2015; IP: Aug 26,2015
AOR Received.
June 27,2015
File Transfer...
SA email:July 31,2015/CEM: Aug 04,2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
before Nov 28, 2015 :)
Hi everyone! i am a newbie here and i have been searching for the closest thread i can find regarding my situation: I really need an expert's advice:

My husband is a current PR. We got married last Nov 2014 after being in a relationship for 6 yrs.(2 yrs before he left for Canada and 4 yrs on a LDR). As of now, we have been collating all documents and so far so good. The only dilemma we have is I have a daughter turning 11 this august (following her biological dad's surname) which my husband will also sponsor. Her biological dad and I separated when she was 3 yrs old (we were never married/lived in)the dad stopped providing financial support and we didn't maintain communication anymore since then. As per checklist, we need to fill out form 5604 (declaration of non accompanying parent). Because of that I tried to get in touch with her biological dad (after 7 yrs of totally no communication) if he can at least do this one last thing for her daughter. Lo and behold! he signed the form. (thank God!) Smiley

Now my question is: on the checklist bullet number 9 Children's information. I need to know what document I still need to secure. What kind of document do i need to prove I have sole custody of my child? the father had nothing to do with us for 7 yrs. Do I need to go thru court process even if I am not previously married w/ her bio dad?

elle0506

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014; received on 02-10-2014
AOR Received.
none; SA: 07-11-2014
File Transfer...
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 21-04-2015; DM: 24-04-2015; VOH: 11-05-2015
wangdicky said:
Ya it does...this is what they say: We started processing xxxxxx xxxxxxxx application on April 22, 2015
Hi wangdicky, CEM emailed me back. They said my husband's file is finalized and they will send the visa package via www express in the coming weeks. Have you gotten any emails or phone calls yet?

epie

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
SAMANTALA said:
to markath & Very Happywife;

My application was refused Dec 23, 2014 because my husband's divorce date was June 2013 while our marriage Nov 2012. It was my husband's mistake that before he did not check if their divorce was finalize. Huhuhu!!! :'( kaya tuloy eto dusa beauty ko!!! Lahat ulitin, pakasal uli para yung divorce date nya di na kokontra sa kasal namin. Right now, we are waiting for the immigration lawyer's call... Other's told me to apply as conjugal, eh di ko rin ma-gets kung pano yan, do we have to submit a marriage certificate pa if conjugal? basta wait muna namin sasabihin ni lawyer sa mister ko. To all of you, na may mga visa at sa mga waiting sa visa nila, congrats naunahan nyo pa ako!!! :p :p :p
Hi, curious lang. San kaba ikinasal? Bakit nakasal ka kung hindi pa pala divorced si mister? Sayang naman yung time na ginugul niyo diyan. Well, better next time nalang. May God bless you

epie

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
MRS.L said:
Hi everyone! i am a newbie here and i have been searching for the closest thread i can find regarding my situation: I really need an expert's advice:

My husband is a current PR. We got married last Nov 2014 after being in a relationship for 6 yrs.(2 yrs before he left for Canada and 4 yrs on a LDR). As of now, we have been collating all documents and so far so good. The only dilemma we have is I have a daughter turning 11 this august (following her biological dad's surname) which my husband will also sponsor. Her biological dad and I separated when she was 3 yrs old (we were never married/lived in)the dad stopped providing financial support and we didn't maintain communication anymore since then. As per checklist, we need to fill out form 5604 (declaration of non accompanying parent). Because of that I tried to get in touch with her biological dad (after 7 yrs of totally no communication) if he can at least do this one last thing for her daughter. Lo and behold! he signed the form. (thank God!) Smiley

Now my question is: on the checklist bullet number 9 Children's information. I need to know what document I still need to secure. What kind of document do i need to prove I have sole custody of my child? the father had nothing to do with us for 7 yrs. Do I need to go thru court process even if I am not previously married w/ her bio dad?
Hi,
I am not really an expert here but we had a lil bit similar situation. Mine is 6 years old turning 7 this coming June but her father is unknown so it means no contact since birth but still need a affidavit from the lawyer stating that the father of my child never been supporting and communicating with his child with me. So I think that's the best thing for you to do also. And I think you need a someone or a close friend make her like a witness that all you said is true. I hope this would help :)

MRS.L

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25,2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 27,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
epie said:
Hi,
I am not really an expert here but we had a lil bit similar situation. Mine is 6 years old turning 7 this coming June but her father is unknown so it means no contact since birth but still need a affidavit from the lawyer stating that the father of my child never been supporting and communicating with his child with me. So I think that's the best thing for you to do also. And I think you need a someone or a close friend make her like a witness that all you said is true. I hope this would help :)
Hello!

Thank you for responding.. i hope the affidavit is enough because the biological father is cooperative naman and I dont have to go through court..mas matagal kase pag may court hearings pa.. :) thanks! God bless :)

MRS.L

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25,2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 27,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
Gumper said:
Hi - Hoping to hear from someone with specific experience in navigating channels of child custody in the Philippines.

The scenario: We have applied (JAN 2014) for spousal PRV for my Filipina wife & her 6-year-old son. I have been approved as sponsor. When we submitted the application we did not include the form IMM5604 (a release from the non-accompanying parent) because we were told by the Philippines social services (DSWD) and a lawyer that my wife has de facto sole custody of the child because the biological father is not named on the birth certificate (hate the label but for all intents & purposes the boy is "illegitimate" in the law's eyes).

We made a note in the "child custody" section of the application to this effect and included a sworn affidavit from my wife as to everything she has done as sole provider for the boy. I'm a bit concerned now that this may not be sufficient, that CIC may require a court issued judgement of custody in lieu of form IMM5604. Such a judgement could also take quite a while -- or this is where I'm hoping someone may have real Philippines experience??!! (The easy thing would surely be to have the bio-dad complete the 5604 form and return it to us to send to the Manila VO. But my wife isn't sure she can find the guy, doesn't really want to speak to him, and isn't sure he would cooperate. She put this clown behind her 5 years ago & has done an amazing job raising "our son" that for me the psycho-emotional fallout of trying to find the guy is a course of action that is just not worth it.)

I am actually working on a project in Europe right now, so I can't reach the call centre from here, but this forum is often a better knowledge source anyway imo. I don't want to wait to get a letter much later this year from the VO saying that they require IMM5604 or a judgement of custody for the application to proceed....and then it taking who knows how many more months for a solution to that! Sooooo, anyone with any real experience in this out there who can weigh in? Thanks!

Hi!

we kinda have the same situation.. and I'm also looking for a solid answer about my situation.. I have the same scenario, my 10 yo daughter follows her bio dad's surname and my husband will petition both of us. tho the bio dad was cooperative (to my surprise, we had no communication for 7 yrs i really just tried my luck )he recently signed the form5604. i just want to know what document do i still need to secure for checklist question number 9 under children's information. I have been searching the forum if there's any thread i can relate to, this is the closest that i have read so far..

I hope you were able to resolve your problem as well.. TIA. God bless!