October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
Sino dito ang gustong magiging Acel_Custodio? Ang sumagot mapapabilis ang pag process ng application... ;D

dj88

Nov 15, 2012
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 27 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
comarxx said:
An good news guys? tahimik yata ah :)
parang dalawa lang goodnews today ah,,,,,ppr kay dehaxz at visa kay jarry,,,anyway congrtas sa inyong dalawa guys.,.... ;D ;D

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dj88 said:
parang dalawa lang goodnews today ah,,,,,ppr kay dehaxz at visa kay jarry,,,anyway congrtas sa inyong dalawa guys.,.... ;D ;D
Hintay-hintay lang tayo dj.. Darating din yan, when the time is right!hehehe :)

zeeczar

Apr 10, 2013
appleguy10 said:
It depends on the amount of applications being filed from CEM . . .also, the medical expiration. But most of the time, 10 - 11 months,,yung 1 month remaining is for you to ready yourself para sa visa and flight schedule as well. Basta complete ang application docs, no problem..and comply for everything that CEM ask you to do..
appleguy 10 inquiry lang po, after you've sent your passport and other requirements to CEM, did CEM call you to pick-up your passport w/ visa OR they sent it through courier(DHL).. Please, thank you.

ksad

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2012
AOR Received.
September 26, 2012
File Transfer...
September 27, 2012
Med's Done....
April 23, 2012
Passport Req..
March 25, 2013
geminiaquarius21 said:
Magtatanong lang po sa mga nakapagland na sa Canada paano po ang procedure sa port.of entry?
Nag fill up pa rin po ba kayo ng B4 or yun sinasabi nila na declaration of goods?
Well mkhang s vancouver k ata? S toronto po kc ako.pero di ko sure kng parehas procedure pero most likely. Ung deckaration card dpat nfill upan mo n before you get out of the plane.then pgdting s airport,ppila k s line kng saan lahat ng dmating ipapakita ung declaration card n fnill upan.aftr nun,ppunta s immgration snce immigrant plng then bbgay mo ung copr mo,then they will ask you to sign it.then aftr nun,lbas kn wait mo nlng baggage mo then labas n airport.hntayin mo n si mr o mrs n nghhntay syo!

geminiaquarius21

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-12
AOR Received.
13-10-12
File Transfer...
15-10-12
Med's Done....
25 -06-12
Passport Req..
10-04-13
ksad said:
Well mkhang s vancouver k ata? S toronto po kc ako.pero di ko sure kng parehas procedure pero most likely. Ung deckaration card dpat nfill upan mo n before you get out of the plane.then pgdting s airport,ppila k s line kng saan lahat ng dmating ipapakita ung declaration card n fnill upan.aftr nun,ppunta s immgration snce immigrant plng then bbgay mo ung copr mo,then they will ask you to sign it.then aftr nun,lbas kn wait mo nlng baggage mo then labas n airport.hntayin mo n si mr o mrs n nghhntay syo!
thank you po sa info...si husband po ang darating...may connecting flight po cya papunta montreal
Thank you po uli and God Bless

appleguy10

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
AOR Received.
18-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
sino po pwede makasabay sa PDOS CFO , tentative date May 6

DexHaz

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 21, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25, 2012
Med's Done....
July 6, 2012
Passport Req..
IN PROCESS April 15, 2013....PPR April 29, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM May 10, 2013.....VISA Received May 15, 2013
Update... we got my wife's PPR today April 29, 2013 (note that her pr status changed to "IN PROCESS" April 15, 2013).

iole

Sep 22, 2012
Hi everyone! I am newbie here. This forum is definitely helpful that's why I decided to open up my situation here. I just need help from you guys regarding my case.
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and married my boyfriend for 9 years (who is actually my first cousin) in Singapore where cousin marriage is accepted and legal since it is not allowed in our home country -- Philippines.
My questions are:
1. Should we admit in the immigration forms that we are cousins, or should not? Will the immigration be able to find out about it if ever I deny that we are cousins?
2. Can I start processing the sponsorship of my husband without changing my last name to his surname, or is it strongly advisable to change my last name first before starting the sponsorship? How do I change my last name and my civil status?
Thank you so much for those who would be willing to answer my questions. It would be truly appreciated. Please do help me. Thank you so much.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
iole said:
Hi everyone! I am newbie here. This forum is definitely helpful that's why I decided to open up my situation here. I just need help from you guys regarding my case.
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and married my boyfriend for 9 years (who is actually my first cousin) in Singapore where cousin marriage is accepted and legal since it is not allowed in our home country -- Philippines.
My questions are:
1. Should we admit in the immigration forms that we are cousins, or should not? Will the immigration be able to find out about it if ever I deny that we are cousins?
2. Can I start processing the sponsorship of my husband without changing my last name to his surname, or is it strongly advisable to change my last name first before starting the sponsorship? How do I change my last name and my civil status?
Thank you so much for those who would be willing to answer my questions. It would be truly appreciated. Please do help me. Thank you so much.
First, you don't need to change your name to your married name to sponsor your spouse.
Second, I don't know if Canada allows 1st degree cousins to marry. If they don't ask anything about it, you don't need to disclose it, there is nothing in the forms to declare stuff like those anyway.
Your best bet is to provide the proof of your marriage for the last 9 years. You need to show the immigration that you are real couple.

Also, try to research more about marrying 1st degree cousin in Canada.

EDIT:
I saw this article online dated 2008. It says 1st degree cousin marriage is legal in Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2008/12/22/cousins-marry.html

iole

Sep 22, 2012
Iay said:
Thank you so much Iay for your reply. I've done my research regarding first cousin marriage and yes it is legal and accepted in Canada. I am just worried that the immigration might find out that we are cousins if I don't declare it. And if I do declare that we are cousins it concerns me that they might think we just married for convenience so I could sponsor him.

So there is no need for me to change my last name before starting the processing of his sponsorship? How about my civil status, how do I change it to Married? Any help please. Thank you very much.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
iole said:
Thank you so much Iay for your reply. I've done my research regarding first cousin marriage and yes it is legal and accepted in Canada. I am just worried that the immigration might find out that we are cousins if I don't declare it. And if I do declare that we are cousins it concerns me that they might think we just married for convenience so I could sponsor him.

So there is no need for me to change my last name before starting the processing of his sponsorship? How about my civil status, how do I change it to Married? Any help please. Thank you very much.
Yes you don't need to change your name.
Another thing tho, you said you are 9 years boyfriend/girlfrien? When did you come to Canada? Did you marry him when you are already a landed PR in Canada or before you landed? Did you become common-law partners during those 9 years? Like lived together for more than a year?

I am asking because if you do, it is a factor to tell if you can sponsor him or not.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
iole said:
My questions are:
If you look around the forum you will see plenty of people from India or Pakistan or some other Muslim countries who married their cousin. It's common practice especially among Muslims. I don't think CIC will have a problem with it, but since you're both Filipino you have to explain it in a cultural context, and show that your relationship is genuine. Also you don't have to change your name.. Canada does not expect you to and many women don't do it. Plus if the Philippines wouldn't recognize your marriage I don't see how you could change your name.

iole

Sep 22, 2012
Iay said:
Yes you don't need to change your name.
Another thing tho, you said you are 9 years boyfriend/girlfrien? When did you come to Canada? Did you marry him when you are already a landed PR in Canada or before you landed? Did you become common-law partners during those 9 years? Like lived together for more than a year?

I am asking because if you do, it is a factor to tell if you can sponsor him or not.
Thank you Iay!
I came here January 2012 as a PR. we married only this month in Singapore, but we've been boyfriend-girlfriend for the last 9 years. During my application for residency I did not declare that we lived together for more than a year since our parents and relatives didn't know about our relationship since it is considered taboo in the Philippines. That also makes it hard for us to provide proofs of our relationship since we didn't have much photos to submit but a lot of Skype logs and conversation.