+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Education & Work History

Nitewalker

Oct 2, 2014
Dear Members,

You have been very helpful to me and I need your guidance on more issue issue I am facing. The problem is when I filled my EE profile I did not mention my spouse Education & Work History I left it out completely because I did not need the points I thought If I mention it I have to do ECA and everything but now I got ITA I am not sure what to do now. Should I mention the spouse details in ITA application but do not claim points or leave it out completely. If I include it it will contradict with EE profile what should I do??

Thanking you in advance.

Regards.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Nitewalker said:
Dear Members,

You have been very helpful to me and I need your guidance on more issue issue I am facing. The problem is when I filled my EE profile I did not mention my spouse Education & Work History I left it out completely because I did not need the points I thought If I mention it I have to do ECA and everything but now I got ITA I am not sure what to do now. Should I mention the spouse details in ITA application but do not claim points or leave it out completely. If I include it it will contradict with EE profile what should I do??

Thanking you in advance.

Regards.
If you want to claim points for your spouse's education & work then only you have to provide her documents.
If you have not claimed the above points for her, then it's not necessary to upload the documents.

However, while submitting your profile, if there are upload fields for her education, then you can upload them. It won't harm your profile, since you have not claimed points for her. You are just providing extra details of her.

Don't forget to mention about this in your letter of explanation.

Nitewalker

Oct 2, 2014
Thank you very much jpv2212 for your reply I have one more question what If I dont even mention her education details and work history at all in the profile. Will it hurt my case as I did not mentioned it in EE profile as well.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Nitewalker said:
Thank you very much jpv2212 for your reply I have one more question what If I dont even mention her education details and work history at all in the profile. Will it hurt my case as I did not mentioned it in EE profile as well.
If you are not claiming points for edu & work, then not providing her details will NOT harm your application.

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
I'm sorry, am i missing something ? Why people keep talking about claming points for the spouse work history, as far as i know, only when she has a canadian work experience, isn't it ?

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi everyone, I have a similar situation. My husband's work history will not count for any points. When I submitted the EE profile, I put his work history, but now, after the ITA should I leave it blank? he has a lot of experience in our home country and some here in Canada but less than a year (it does not count anyway). Should I leave the whole section blank and mention his work history only on the personal history section?