+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse ECA/ Work History

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Hi

In my EE - FSW profile I mentioned my wife's work experience in the Work History and also mentioned her education but without ECA credentials and specified that the ECA was not done.
1. Now, in my ITA can I remove the work history and move it to the personal history section
2.In the Study section should I select No as the option for Post Secondary Education?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes assuming this is foreign work experience.
2 - You can mention "no" or simply only include her educational credentials in the personal history section.

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
1 - Yes assuming this is foreign work experience.
2 - You can mention "no" or simply only include her educational credentials in the personal history section.
Thanks
Yes she only has foregin Work ex.

Also, should I upload her experience certificates and degrees in a single pdf ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you remove her work experience and education and only mention them in the personal history then there won't be a placeholder for you to upload the files.

The above is fine as you didn't claim points for those factors.

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
If you remove her work experience and education and only mention them in the personal history then there won't be a placeholder for you to upload the files.

The above is fine as you didn't claim points for those factors.
Hi,
But it will not consider as misrepresentation when you enter Spouse work experience in personal history and not in work history ? whether you are claiming points or not . as work history section clearly ask about spouse has any work history.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
But it will not consider as misrepresentation when you enter Spouse work experience in personal history and not in work history ? whether you are claiming points or not . as work history section clearly ask about spouse has any work history.
If I had a dollar for every time I've answered this question...

No, it is not misrepresentation.

Reactions: hiato and hamgha

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017

Thanks ! But we may need to upload LOE for the same as mentioned by other members. Also ,as per CIC we may not need to upload reference letter for spouse work experience (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp)
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)
so it means if you added it in work history then provide whatever doc you have.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not in favor of uploading documents that add absolutely nothing to your eligibility/CRS, complete waste of time.

Do whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: hamgha

Ali_17

Aug 30, 2017

I need similar help, in the ITA i mentioned my spouse education but choose "not have a ECA" option and did not claimed any Points ,
Now in PR application , should i mention her education in education category or personal history (ps. i do have her degree and transcript)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need similar help, in the ITA i mentioned my spouse education but choose "not have a ECA" option and did not claimed any Points ,
Now in PR application , should i mention her education in education category or personal history (ps. i do have her degree and transcript)
You can leave it as is and upload the documents you have.

I simply do not like this approach as uploading degrees that weren't assessed is simply a waste of time.

Ali_17

Aug 30, 2017
You can leave it as is and upload the documents you have.

I simply do not like this approach as uploading degrees that weren't assessed is simply a waste of time.
Thanks for your reply , this shouldn't have any negative impact on my application as i was honest about the degree position ?

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello All,
In my express entry profile builder, I put my spouse's education as "none or less than secondary school", because her degree certificate has not been issued, and the university is a lazy bug when asked for documents as it was distance education. I did that in order to avoid getting points for it. Now after receiving the ITA and filling out the rest of the questions, where do I show about my spouse's education ? should I write it in personal history ? and say in LOE that she has not received her certificates and marks memorandums yet thats why it has been mentioned in personal history ?

Thanks!