+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse divorce in canada but married in the philippines

Kriestyn

Feb 3, 2018
H
Hi I am new here and need help.

I met my husband who is a foreign worker in 2010. He filled for a divorce here in CAnada and approved in 2012. We got married in Jan 2013, now I want to sponsor him. Will there be any problem since he is still married in the Phils? Annulment in the philippines is already in the process and we are just waiting for the decision. What do we need to sponsor his kids that are still in the phils living with there mother?

I really need help. Thanks in advance
Hello, I think I can give you a little advice. I am a Filipina and was married in Philippines. When I came here in Canada,I met my Canadian partner and we applied inland spousal sponsorship-common law and while We are in process at the same time I filed my divorce and granted a divorce certificate which I used as one of the requirement in my application it goes very smooth, Cic did’nt asked anything about my previous marriage in Philippines they even don’t care as long you have the divorce paper.
I also have 2 daughters, and I will tell you it is not an easy process especially if your husband ex wife doesn’t want to cooperate but if She is willing to send their children here, It will be easy peasy

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
pls help.im a permanent resident and getting married in hongkong on january so i can sponsor my husband to be. but he is divorced here in canada (his ex wife is in canad) but still married in the philippines.and my soon to be husband is never been in canada and clearly a resident of philippines is it possible for me to apply my spousal sponsorship after the marriage? pls help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pls help.im a permanent resident and getting married in hongkong on january so i can sponsor my husband to be. but he is divorced here in canada (his ex wife is in canad) but still married in the philippines.and my soon to be husband is never been in canada and clearly a resident of philippines is it possible for me to apply my spousal sponsorship after the marriage? pls help
Yes, you can apply. The Canadian divorce will be recognized in Hong Kong, so the marriage will be legal.

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
Yes, you can apply. The Canadian divorce will be recognized in Hong Kong, so the marriage will be legal.
thank u.but his application will be process in the philippines will that be ok wven his marriage there is not yet annulled and philippines is his country of residence? will there be no conflict about that?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank u.but his application will be process in the philippines will that be ok wven his marriage there is not yet annulled and philippines is his country of residence? will there be no conflict about that?
The application will be processed by Canada, not the Philippines. Canadian law applies.

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
The application will be processed by Canada, not the Philippines. Canadian law applies.
thank for your reply. even if cic will send his application to manila office? im sorry if i keep asking.because we already applied for conjucal partner and been denied and his application was forwarded to manila visa office after it has been received and processed here in canada.i just really want to make sure that there’ll be no any problems with that.( they denied our first application saying that the realstion exist but not marriage like relationship) thats why we will get married in Hongkong since he is not allowed to get married in the Philippines.

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
thank for your reply. even if cic will send his application to manila office? im sorry if i keep asking.because we already applied for conjucal partner and been denied and his application was forwarded to manila visa office after it has been received and processed here in canada.i just really want to make sure that there’ll be no any problems with that.( they denied our first application saying that the realstion exist but not marriage like relationship) thats why we will get married in Hongkong since he is not allowed to get married in the Philippines.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Again, the app will be processed under Canadian law, not Philippines law.

Reactions: evebuenafe

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
H

Hello, I think I can give you a little advice. I am a Filipina and was married in Philippines. When I came here in Canada,I met my Canadian partner and we applied inland spousal sponsorship-common law and while We are in process at the same time I filed my divorce and granted a divorce certificate which I used as one of the requirement in my application it goes very smooth, Cic did’nt asked anything about my previous marriage in Philippines they even don’t care as long you have the divorce paper.
I also have 2 daughters, and I will tell you it is not an easy process especially if your husband ex wife doesn’t want to cooperate but if She is willing to send their children here, It will be easy peasy
hello Kriestyn, i am honestly on the same boat as you, i got my divorce last 2018 of december and planning to get married this april of 2019, and right after we get the marriage certifcate we will apply for inland spousal sponsorship , my current partner and I have already a canadian citizen child, do you think i will be having a problem with my inland sponsorship in respect to my ex wife and common child with her way back to philippines? please advise

melrex

Jun 18, 2019
Hi i read your story.. so since last January u got married in Hk did you process already the spousal sponsorship for your husband? and how it goes? we are in the same situation we just got married last may 2019 but until now im still confused if what gonna happen if i submit our papers thanks in advace

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
hi we already submitted our application last may 3 now we are in the process of waiting. biometrics and medical were done and received by cic so Still waiting for the next step

melrex

Jun 18, 2019
hi we already submitted our application last may 3 now we are in the process of waiting. biometrics and medical were done and received by cic so Still waiting for the next step
oh that’s good are you single and PR here in canada? di u submit also AOM at the same time..thank you

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
oh that’s good are you single and PR here in canada? di u submit also AOM at the same time..thank you
im single and he is divorced get married in hk. we past the application may 3.they received it may 6 and then july 3 they asked for medical and biometric.at the same week cic emailed me saying i passed the eligibility to sponsore.now it says that they started processing the application july 15 and that the medical result was received.so after that i dont know whats next. hope this can help

Reactions: melrex