+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse & dependents of convention refugees

Ludin

May 5, 2008
Hi. My aunt claimed refugee status in January and her case was accepted by IRB in March. So now she can apply for her Permanent resident status. Her husband and step children are still back home. Do we have to fill more forms for her spouse and dependents to come to Canada? Or will they be granted PR just by having their names included in the application form?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/refugee.asp

Thanks

A-aebo

Mar 2, 2016
HI,

As far as I know she should add them in dependent which is found in generic application.

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
She should include the Husband and children in the application for PR as soon as her case is approved the dependants will be contacted to submit their forms and other doc for processing

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Ludin said:
Hi. My aunt claimed refugee status in January and her case was accepted by IRB in March. So now she can apply for her Permanent resident status. Her husband and step children are still back home. Do we have to fill more forms for her spouse and dependents to come to Canada? Or will they be granted PR just by having their names included in the application form?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/refugee.asp

Thanks
The dependents (i.e her husband and children) will not be granted PR status automatically unless she adds them in her imm0008 form as accompany family members and pay their pr processing fee.

How to include her husband and child for Pr processing in her own Pr application:
1) while filling the details of her dependents in her own PR application she must answer "Yes" to the question "Will accompany principal applicant to Canada? "
2) Pay the fee for her husband and children
3) attach the documents of her husband and children along with her Pr application (i.e copy of identity cards, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. )

hope it helps

Ludin

May 5, 2008
kriv said:
The dependents (i.e her husband and children) will not be granted PR status automatically unless she adds them in her imm0008 form as accompany family members and pay their pr processing fee.

How to include her husband and child for Pr processing in her own Pr application:
1) while filling the details of her dependents in her own PR application she must answer "Yes" to the question "Will accompany principal applicant to Canada? "
2) Pay the fee for her husband and children
3) attach the documents of her husband and children along with her Pr application (i.e copy of identity cards, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. )

hope it helps
Thanks a lot for replies Aebo, Obib and Krive.

That is where I was confused. Because she is already here in Canada. The husband and children are not accompanying her. So she still checks the part of the application that they will be accompanying her?

Thanks

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Ludin said:
Thanks a lot for replies Aebo, Obib and Krive.

That is where I was confused. Because she is already here in Canada. The husband and children are not accompanying her. So she still checks the part of the application that they will be accompanying her?

Thanks
Yes she will select/check that they will accompany her to canada. actually the question is "Will accompany principal applicant to Canada" and WILL means "something which is still to happen in future".