New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R Kumar said:
Can i apply for my wife's work permit from here (In Canada) while she is in new delhi?
What visa do you hold currently ? If job your NOC ?

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
R Kumar said:
Can i apply for my wife's work permit from here (In Canada) while she is in new delhi?
You can submit an online application provided you currently have a skilled job or have a PR application in progress.

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.

rag326

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Members

My Employer from India has applied my Canada Visa ( Skilled Category) and also they have applied "OPEN WORK PERMIT " as a seperate application for my dependent wife.
(Note : We both are in India through the entire process and never visited canada before)

Medicals Done prior to submission : 6/1/2015
Both Applications Submitted on : 6/22/2015

I ( Primary applicant ) have been granted W-1 Worker VISA on 07/13/2015 and recieved the STAMPED passport on 07/16/2015. However there is no response on my wife's SOWP. Our employer's Vendor ( VFS) has adviced to wait for one more week to see if it gets processed.

Additional details :
Married since : 2013 December
No Kids
Currently wife is not working and attending Visual Effects and Animation courses( Not through any university but from reputed private institute)
worked between 2010 - 2013 as Process Analyst.
2013 december to 2014 December she was house wife.
We have submitted No Objection Certificate from her Institute that she has paid all the dues and completed her enrolled 6 months course.

I would like to understand if its normal to process dependent visa seperately even if submitted together and primary applicant's visa granted?
Does the delay indicates any negative outcome ?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can put on our situation.

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Hi,

Before starting my query I just want to give a brief background of my status in Canada. Currently I am on my PG work permit which is expiring on November 4, 2015 but my PG work permit is extendable as it was issued according to my passport expiration. I also get my provisional nominee from Saskatchewan (SINP) on May 27, 2015 and I submit our (Me and my wife) application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015 and still waiting for File number and Medical.

On February 27, 2015 my wife have submit her application for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT on my post-graduate work permit. When my wife was submitting her application she went through an eligibility assessment by CIC in which it was mention that she can apply. According to Policy I should have NOC "A", "B" or "0" category job, which I have (NOC "B"), then they required work permit to be minimum of 6 month when you are applying, as at that time which was approximately 8 month work permit and remaining 4 month will be issued on my renewed passport.

After approximately 5 long months on July 22, 2015 she got a refusal from CIC with a reason that my work permit is expiring on November 4, 2015 and according to SOWP policy my work permit should be more than 6 months but at the time of application submission my work permit is more than 6 months and on other hand my work permit clearly state that it can be further extended.

I also submit my SINP nominee letter to them through case base inquiry but still it doesn't make any impact to her application.

Now I need some sort of guidance and advise for further process.

Sukhema

Sep 18, 2017
Hi
Finally got my approval e-mail for SOWP from CIC after 4 long months.
Paper based application at VFS Chennai on 27th January along with passport and medicals.
Additional documents (marriage photos) requested on March 21, medicals requested (again) on May 22.
Hi ,

I am from Chennai , my wife is a student in Ottawa doing her master's ,
Can you please help me with any consultant in Chennai who will help me to apply SOWP .
Kindly advice
Thank you
Regards
Hema