+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse coming to canada

maksipesfik

Nov 3, 2007
Hi, my question would be how to get a visa for a spouse (and how long does it take) when the student from abroad is ALLREADY studying in Canada? Should it be arranged from Canadian office or the country where the students' visa was issued? Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maksipesfik said:
Hi, my question would be how to get a visa for a spouse (and how long does it take) when the student from abroad is ALLREADY studying in Canada? Should it be arranged from Canadian office or the country where the students' visa was issued? Thanks.
Has to apply at overseas office. Your spouse should have a copy of your study permit. Don't forget she is going to have show sufficient funds to support herself in Canada.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maksipesfik said:
Thank you for answer; we know bout the funds, but what means 'overseas office'? Thanks again.
If she requires a TRV to enter Canada, she must apply at a Canadian office overseas.

PMM

maksipesfik

Nov 3, 2007
Hi, so 'overseas' means in our case the Embassy in Vienna, Austria, where also I was issued my Study Permit? Coming from EU, she doesn't need the Temporay Resident Visa, if this is what you meant. So, in this case the only way to apply is in Vienna? We've contacted them and they said they don't issue Spouse Visas.

maksipesfik

Nov 3, 2007
Can my spouse come to Canada as a visitor and within 6 months of staying here get the Spouse Visa? Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maksipesfik said:
Hi, so 'overseas' means in our case the Embassy in Vienna, Austria, where also I was issued my Study Permit? Coming from EU, she doesn't need the Temporay Resident Visa, if this is what you meant. So, in this case the only way to apply is in Vienna? We've contacted them and they said they don't issue Spouse Visas.
As she is from a visa exempt country, then she just comes as a visitor. If you are a full time student, she can apply for an open work permit on entry. She would need proof your student status when she arrives.

PMM