+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse based immigration

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
hi, i am a 34 years old, from pakistan. my wife is a canada PR, 45 years old, we married in december 2020. we lived together for about 11 months after marriage. we married according to the local customs of pakistan. she is 45 years now, older than me about 11 years. we have all the proofs of our marriage, living together, photos taken at different occasions with my family, relatives and my friends. and my colleagues. or relation is genuine and we married after we fell in love with each other. furthermore, she has accepted islam before we married. we lived together happily for 11 months. we knew each other since september 2017, she visited pakistan on december 2019 for the first time. and i accomanied her to different scenic places. she went back to canada after 15 days. then she came to pakistan again on december 2020, and we married after 7 days of her arrival. i have applied for family visit but the visa applictaion was denied because the visa officer said he was not sure if i will leave canada after the visit time allowed. now i have applied visit again. and waiting for the result. we are going to apply for family sponsorship immigration. plz suggest me what are my chances, thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi, i am a 34 years old, from pakistan. my wife is a canada PR, 45 years old, we married in december 2020. we lived together for about 11 months after marriage. we married according to the local customs of pakistan. she is 45 years now, older than me about 11 years. we have all the proofs of our marriage, living together, photos taken at different occasions with my family, relatives and my friends. and my colleagues. or relation is genuine and we married after we fell in love with each other. furthermore, she has accepted islam before we married. we lived together happily for 11 months. we knew each other since september 2017, she visited pakistan on december 2019 for the first time. and i accomanied her to different scenic places. she went back to canada after 15 days. then she came to pakistan again on december 2020, and we married after 7 days of her arrival. i have applied for family visit but the visa applictaion was denied because the visa officer said he was not sure if i will leave canada after the visit time allowed. now i have applied visit again. and waiting for the result. we are going to apply for family sponsorship immigration. plz suggest me what are my chances, thanks
Visitor visa chances are low since you should be applying for sponsorship. A visitor visa is to visit so you need to show that you will return to your home country, have strong ties, funds, travel history etc. You are not visiting, you are moving to Canada.

Is she in Canada? Does she meet her residency obligations to even sponsor you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shehzad kausar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the red flags when it comes to your relationship it may be difficult to get a TRV. You should focus on applying for sponsorship. Your wife must be compliant with her RO to apply.

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
we
Given the red flags when it comes to your relationship it may be difficult to get a TRV. You should focus on applying for sponsorship. Your wife must be compliant with her RO to apply.
thanks for your reply, actually we are going to apply visa on our own, without the help of agent. applying through online portal,

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Visitor visa chances are low since you should be applying for sponsorship. A visitor visa is to visit so you need to show that you will return to your home country, have strong ties, funds, travel history etc. You are not visiting, you are moving to Canada.

Is she in Canada? Does she meet her residency obligations to even sponsor you?
yes my visit was rejected on the reason that they are not sure i will return to pakistan after the allowed time. yes she has a job in canada and she meets all the requirmets to be my sponsor, we are going to apply for spousal immigration through online portal. i really miss her now. as we have had a memorable time together in pakistan. our relationship is genuine, we know each other since 2017.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes my visit was rejected on the reason that they are not sure i will return to pakistan after the allowed time. yes she has a job in canada and she meets all the requirmets to be my sponsor, we are going to apply for spousal immigration through online portal. i really miss her now. as we have had a memorable time together in pakistan. our relationship is genuine, we know each other since 2017.
So she meets RO to sponsor you then apply for spousal sponsorship. You can try for a visitor visa again but you must address reasons for refusal. What were reasons? Order GCMS notes for full notes.

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
So she meets RO to sponsor you then apply for spousal sponsorship. You can try for a visitor visa again but you must address reasons for refusal. What were reasons? Order GCMS notes for full notes.
RO stands for? and yes she said that we should apply spousal sponsorship, when we get the email from the canadian immigration saying you are elligible, then we will apply for family reunion (visit) visa. GCMS notes are necessary? i think the visa officer send us an email clearly stating that these are the reason for visa rejection.
Visa Refused on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Residency Obligations. It seems she has been in and out of the country, so to sponsor you she needs to meet RO to sponsor you. When did she land as PR? So depending when she landed,

• To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous.

You got married in 2020 so how long did she stay after you were married?

So you to get a visa, you need to show travel history (which you can’t) and funds for a visit. The funds must be in a bank account and readily available. How much did you show.

You need to apply for spousal sponsorship if she meets RO.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
she got pr in
Residency Obligations. It seems she has been in and out of the country, so to sponsor you she needs to meet RO to sponsor you. When did she land as PR? So depending when she landed,

• To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous.

So you to get a visa, you need to show travel history (which you can’t) and funds for a visit. The funds must be in a bank account and readily available. How much did you show.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html
she got pr in june 2019, she came to pakistan in december 2019, stayed in pakistan for 12 or 13 days, then went back to canada, then again came to pakistan in in december 2020 and went back to canaada in november 2021, she lived in pakistan for about 11 months with me after we married in december 2020. for visit purpose i showed around 10,835.30 Canadian dollars

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018

so how her time will be counted for staying in canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so how her time will be counted for staying in canada
You can start the process but she will not want to leave the country during the process except for very short visits (no more than 2 weeks). If she stays outside Canada during the process, the application most likely will be be cancelled.

So she landed in June 2019, she needs to show that meets RO with 730 days within the last 5 years to keep her PR. You need to calculate how many days she has been in Canada so far....I am not doing that. If she doesn't leave Canada now for the next two years, she should meet RO.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is the 10k your funds or does your wife has her own savings? She will need to show that her income will support your family in Canada. Given your age difference, your low level of funds, lack of travel history, etc. you are unlikely to get a TRV and will likely have to wait until you get PR to move to Canada. There is a good chance that you will be asked to do an interview as part of your sponsorship application which is usually done in your home country.

Reactions: YVR123