+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse banned for 5 years

Samy8488

Apr 15, 2020
Hi
I am on work permit in Canada now as I applied for my wife work permit and she got banned for 5 years on April 8 and I get GCMS notes and according to visa officer after the interview with my wife and he thinks we are not married, we are just engaged so according to him we are married and that was the reason of misrepresentation.
I have a question now whatever I do in Canada like tax filing, apply for my pr status would she considered be my wife or not ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I am on work permit in Canada now as I applied for my wife work permit and she got banned for 5 years on April 8 and I get GCMS notes and according to visa officer after the interview with my wife and he thinks we are not married, we are just engaged so according to him we are married and that was the reason of misrepresentation.
I have a question now whatever I do in Canada like tax filing, apply for my pr status would she considered be my wife or not ?
Depends on whether you are considered legally married in Canada or not. What were the specifics of the marriage?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you didn't commit misrepresentation, you should try to appeal this with your proof of marriage. You don't want to have misrepresentation on your record if you plan to apply for PR. If your appeal is upheld, your spouse will not have to be banned for 5 years, no misrepresentation on your record and you can include your spouse on your PR application. If your appeal is denied and immigration makes a ruling that your marriage is not legal in Canada for some reason, then you know you can not include your spouse on your PR.

Samy8488

Apr 15, 2020
Definitely, I am going in court to appeal and I know it is gonna take like 7 to 8 months for the decision but I am gonna apply for my Pr in a couple of months so my question is if visa officer says there was no marriage happened or ceremonies happened more likely to be “engagement related “ ceremonies even though we registered our marriage in court and have marriage certificate issued by the Government of India they said it was not a marriage so is my wife or not according to CIC or Government of Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Definitely, I am going in court to appeal and I know it is gonna take like 7 to 8 months for the decision but I am gonna apply for my Pr in a couple of months so my question is if visa officer says there was no marriage happened or ceremonies happened more likely to be “engagement related “ ceremonies even though we registered our marriage in court and have marriage certificate issued by the Government of India they said it was not a marriage so is my wife or not according to CIC or Government of Canada?
Did you do both Nikah and Rushtaki?

Reactions: asaeed100