+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse applies for the Temporary Visitor Visa from Boston, USA, to visit me in Manitoba, CA

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
Dear folks,

I am an international graduate student in Manitoba, CA. My wife plans to apply for a visitor visa next month to visit me for about 15 days during her winter break this December. She is an international graduate student studying in Boston, USA.

Since I am willing to be fully responsible for all the expenses in terms of round-trip international flights, living expenses in Canada, etc., I have a few questions about how to be well-prepared for the Proof of Financial Support:

1. How much funds should be there in my Canadian bank account? I am a full-time student and have income paid by my university. I think the most expensive part of the visit is to purchase the round-trip flight between the USA and Canada; she will be staying with me in my apartment, so the living cost (besides groceries) is minimal, in my opinion.
2. Besides all the job letters I can get from my university to support her application, is it a good idea for me to provide her with a sponsorship letter telling visa officers that, as a husband, I am willing to be financially responsible for her visit to Canada?
3. Since I just arrived in Canada in August, if I have enough funds in my Canadian bank account, do I still need to wait three to four months to provide her with my bank statements?

Thank you very much in advance for answering my questions.

Best!