+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse application INLAND. Pls help and advice

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
I'm currently holding a work permit under the LCP. It will expire next year September 2014. Me and my husband is planning to submit our INLAND APPLICATION before the end of OCTOBER this year together with my OWP application.

Since I will apply in this application, what am I going to do of my permit will expire?

1. Should I apply for visitor visa? If Yes, can I apply for a year instead of validity of 6 months?
2. What is implied status?
3. When will I get the chance to have my OWP?
4. How much is the fee for the spouse applicaion INLAND and for the OWP?

Pls help and advice. Thank you so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
firsttimemom said:
1. Should I apply for visitor visa? If Yes, can I apply for a year instead of validity of 6 months?
2. What is implied status?
3. When will I get the chance to have my OWP?
4. How much is the fee for the spouse applicaion INLAND and for the OWP?
1. You don't need to, as you would be on Implied Status from submission of the OWP.
2. If you submit a new application before expiry of your current status, you will have Implied Status until a decision is made on the application.
3. After sponsor approval, which is taking around 11 months right now.
4. PR app: Sponsorship app: $75
Principal applicant: $475
RPRF: $490

Total: $1040

OWP app: $150

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
1. You don't need to, as you would be on Implied Status from submission of the OWP.
2. If you submit a new application before expiry of your current status, you will have Implied Status until a decision is made on the application.

canuck_in_uk said:

Thank you so much for answering my questions. Btw, do i need to have medical examination first before sending the hole application package?? Or the CIC will send me MEDICAL
REQUEST?? Thank u

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

You decide. If you do the medical up front, and it takes more than a year from the date of your medical to DM (decision made, stage two approval), then you *may* have to do the medical again. That means the hassle and expensive of booking a second medical exam.

However, if you wait for CIC to request that you do a medical, you risk having the processing of your file delayed. Waiting for CIC's request would have doubtlessly and substantially extended the time it took CIC to process my application, as I got AIP (application in principle, stage one approval) and DM on the same date. If my medical wasn't already on file, I would have just gotten AIP and a request for medical, extending my wait for PR by months.