+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Application approved, Entering Canada next week. First time entry cash to carry.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi
I am entering Canada as Permanent resident for the first time next week. My spouse application is approved.
How much cash can i carry with me on the flight?
Both my spouse and I are travelling - What is the maximum amount, that can be carried.
I do not moveable assets or liquidty cash with me how. Where should i declare so that amount can be brought to Canada in periods.
Is there a time limit to move my assets to Canada without tax obligation?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I am entering Canada as Permanent resident for the first time next week. My spouse application is approved.
Both my spouse and I are travelling - What is the maximum amount, that can be carried.
I do not moveable assets or liquidty cash with me how. Where should i declare so that amount can be brought to Canada in periods.
You can carry as much cash as you want if India allows. No time limit nor tax obligation as long as you are non resident.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
You can carry as much as you want but need to declare over 10k. If you are carrying a large amount would carry proof of where the money is coming from to try to save you any hassles. If you Withdraw from an account for example take proof of the withdrawal from the bank of take a screenshot of your online banking or offer to login to your online banking account.