+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse and Children Travel

Gboyega 19

May 6, 2019
Hi, Can anybody advise in the house. I have been issued a work permit from Nigeria and will soon be travelling to Canada. What would be my best option of application for my spouse and kids so that they can join me in Canada as soon as possible. Note my spouse is not working at the moment. Thanks.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, Can anybody advise in the house. I have been issued a work permit from Nigeria and will soon be travelling to Canada. What would be my best option of application for my spouse and kids so that they can join me in Canada as soon as possible. Note my spouse is not working at the moment. Thanks.
I believe if you want them stay with you through the length of your WP, you need to apply for your wife's open work permit and for your kids if the attend school a study permit and temporary residence visa for your wife n kids

Gboyega 19

May 6, 2019
I believe if you want them stay with you through the length of your WP, you need to apply for your wife's open work permit and for your kids if the attend school a study permit and temporary residence visa for your wife n kids
Thanks. So it will be better to get her open work permit and the kids study permit direct than getting a visiting VISA first.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Apply for SOWP for spouse and TRV for children if you are doing a skilled job in Canada. TRV for spouses are often rejected because your spouse is not wanting to visit temporarily.