Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi,

I am about to apply for express entry from India and have enough points to bring spouse to Canada. However, my spouse is already on student visa in Canada.

Is it possible to process their PR along with me? Technically, spouse is not accompanying me. What are other possible scenarios?

Thank you.

Regards
Wick

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter that she's on a study permit. You can include her in your application as accompanying and you'll both get PR.

Reactions: wick_sran

dap87

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi,

I am about to apply for express entry from India and have enough points to bring spouse to Canada. However, my spouse is already on student visa in Canada.

Is it possible to process their PR along with me? Technically, spouse is not accompanying me. What are other possible scenarios?

Thank you.

Regards
Wick
You can apply and add your spouse! Thats what happened to me.

Reactions: wick_sran

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thank you for your responses.

Just one more thing I need to ask you guys. While submitting documents after ITA, does passport holder need to be actually present in Visa Office?

In my case, by the time I would receive ITA my spouse would be in Canada and it might not be possible to come here at the exact time due to studies.

Would there be any problem if spouse passport is submitted for processing in a country without being there that time?

Regards

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your responses.

Just one more thing I need to ask you guys. While submitting documents after ITA, does passport holder need to be actually present in Visa Office?

In my case, by the time I would receive ITA my spouse would be in Canada and it might not be possible to come here at the exact time due to studies.

Would there be any problem if spouse passport is submitted for processing in a country without being there that time?

Regards
Your spouse does not have to submit her passport.