+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse accompanying vs non-accompanying

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

My and my spouse are on work permit in Canada. I have created a profile in express entry with spouse non-accompanying in Express Entry due to lower CRS if we apply together. Is it going to be a problem? I heard i will have to get the medical and PCC done even if the spouse is non-accompanying which makes no sense.
Now i have received NOI, can i update my EE profile to spouse accompanying after receiving the 600 nomination points? Will that be a problem ?

Thanks for your time

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
Hello experts

My and my spouse are on work permit in Canada. I have created a profile in express entry with spouse non-accompanying in Express Entry due to lower CRS if we apply together. Is it going to be a problem? I heard i will have to get the medical and PCC done even if the spouse is non-accompanying which makes no sense.
Now i have received NOI, can i update my EE profile to spouse accompanying after receiving the 600 nomination points? Will that be a problem ?

Thanks for your time
mate....

Let me give you a simple suggestion.
Your peace of mind worth more than gold
I suggest you just apply for yourself if you really worry that much.
You can always sponsor your spouse later on.

For your PEACE OF MIND and mental health.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello experts

Thanks for your time
Yes, you spouse needs to get a medical done and also provide PCCs whether your spouse is accompanying or non accompanying. This makes perfect sense if you understand immigration rules. All of your dependents need to be admissible to Canada in order for you to get PR regardless of whether they are accompanying or non accompanying.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Yes, you spouse needs to get a medical done and also provide PCCs whether your spouse is accompanying or non accompanying. This makes perfect sense if you understand immigration rules. All of your dependents need to be admissible to Canada in order for you to get PR regardless of whether they are accompanying or non accompanying.
We have to submit the medical for spouse in EE profile after ITA? My spouse did the medical 6 months ago when she applied for the work permit, can we use that medical exam or have to get a new one?

Oct 22, 2018
Hello experts

Thanks for your time
Could you please share your experience? Did you and your spouse get your PR?